• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

Reaction score
zeroo for co and one for the ion.....

I had the same! But thn friends tld me that
1) ion was actually a PRODUCT not a REACTANT!
2) the powers were 10^-3 so when the conc of ion was going frm 2.8---->3.2 etc it was actally DECREASING not INCREASING!!!

Did u keep these facts in mind?? :/

MER

Reaction score
Seriously someone, please, for the love of god, tell me how much the reaction kinetics part of the question was worth 4 or 5 or 6?:mad:

Reaction score
Seriously someone, please, for the love of god, tell me how much the reaction kinetics part of the question was worth 4 or 5 or 6?:mad:

Ligand's colour was fr 3
Nd
Reaction kinetics was fr 6

Btw what was ur answer fr reaction kinetics Q???

Reaction score
I had the same! But thn friends tld me that
1) ion was actually a PRODUCT not a REACTANT!
2) the powers were 10^-3 so when the conc of ion was going frm 2.8---->3.2 etc it was actally DECREASING not INCREASING!!!

Did u keep these facts in mind?? :/
no no, Concentration was increasing!!!!! check it with a calculator.
and yes your frnd is right as well. Mechanism was not 2~!!!! I was running out of time and soo i left it blank :(

Reaction score
I left organinc...............i guessed almost all the rigth answer but just dnt know why the **** i did not write them :/

Reaction score
NMR, 2-methy propan-2-ol , isomers are butan-1-ol and 2-methyl propan-1-ol
O2- can't be formed because electrons have to added to the 'O' atom which doesn't exist. Oxygen is diatomic hence you can only get O2(2-)MgCl2 solubility - add mgcl2, keep stirring, record change in temp using a thermometer, gotta place the cup in a beaker to reduce heat loss, filter excess mgcl2, find mass of solution using pan balance, Q = mcTPEG dissolves in hhydrocarbon part, drug can be easily dissolved and carried around the body.Iron in Haemoglobin to carry oxygen, Zinc in carbonic anhydrase and K+ ions for active transport nerve impulse

ATP + H2O -> ADP + Pi

Alkene, ketone and hydroxyl group present.
Ester and -OH group circled, the groups that will be broken down in the digestive system. Esterification
Sulfates solubility decreases : Hydration enthalpy decreases more than lattive enthalpy due to increase in cationic radius.Degenerate orbitals split when a ligand joins the central metal ion, electron absorbs light and jumps between non degenerate orbitals. Different ligands -> Different energy gap-> E = hc/lamda, hence different wavelengths => different colours.

More electron withdrawing groups, more acidic.

Reaction score
Hydrogen not appropriate for X-ray diffraction because it has only 1 electron and X-ray diffraction works on the principle of high electron density.

Reaction score
It was not at all an easy paper.....and i hope for the love of Allah(swt) the GT is low.
and about the oxygen ion thingy. Was it hydration enthalpy or solution enthalpy??????????

Reaction score
O2- can't be formed because electrons have to added to the 'O' atom which doesn't exist. Oxygen is diatomic hence you can only get O2(2-)MgCl2 solubility - add mgcl2, keep stirring, record change in temp using a thermometer, gotta place the cup in a beaker to reduce heat loss, filter excess mgcl2, find mass of solution using pan balance, Q = mcTPEG dissolves in hhydrocarbon part, drug can be easily dissolved and carried around the body.Iron in Haemoglobin to carry oxygen, Zinc in carbonic anhydrase and K+ ions for active transport nerve impulse

ATP -> ADP + P

Ester and -OH group circled, the groups that will be broken down in the digestive system. Esterification
Sulfates solubility decreases : Hydration enthalpy decreases more than lattive enthalpy due to increase in cationic radius.Degenerate orbitals split when a ligand joins the central metal ion, electron absorbs light and jumps between non degenerate orbitals. Different ligands -> Different energy gap-> E = hc/lamda, hence different wavelengths => different colours.

why OH group circled will be broken?

Reaction score
hey guys, newbie here to this community.
Im great at maths and physics but i suck at chemistry. so lets cut the crap and please will some blessed soul temme the minimum mark required to avoid U grade? pls pls pls. i know the threshold isnt yet out but just temme what you expect so i may sleep in peace. :)

Reaction score
Idk, it reacts with acids in the stomach ? Couldn't think of any other group :-/
I did the same BUT i think that OH isn't right ....
Yar for the oxygen impossible hydration ebthalpy part. The right answer was that OXYGEN GAS is insoluble in water hence cannever b surrounded by water ions............
I also wrote ATP into ADP ND P but water was also involved in reactant side no?
As for the rate equation what was ur equation nd the mechanism?
. Further what was the answer to the part that where would fat soluble be attached in PEG?
KINDLY REOLY PLS:)

Reaction score

ATP -> ADP + P

Well one thing in the experiment i think its wrong i might be wrong too also but just saying :(it wasnt solubility it was solution)
1)We will measure known mass of the mgcl2.
2)Measure known amount of water in the polystyrene cup to reduce heat loss.
3)Mesure the temprature of the water before adding the solid.
4)Add the solids and steer gently and measure the maximum temprature rise.
5)calculate heat by Q=mc delta T
6)Calculate for 1 mole of Mgcl2

This was it rite ?
But it wasnt solubility rite?

Reaction score
Well one thing in the experiment i think its wrong i might be wrong too also but just saying :(it wasnt solubility it was solution)
1)We will measure known mass of the mgcl2.
2)Measure known amount of water in the polystyrene cup to reduce heat loss.
3)Mesure the temprature of the water before adding the solid.
4)Add the solids and steer gently and measure the maximum temprature rise.
5)calculate heat by Q=mc delta T
6)Calculate for 1 mole of Mgcl2

This was it rite ?
But it wasnt solubility rite?
Well, i basically wrote the same thing now didn't i?

I dont think they want us to find the enthalpy of solubility? Does that even make sense? I think what we've done is correct, dont worry. We shouldn't lose any hopefully :)

Reaction score
I did the same BUT i think that OH isn't right ....
Yar for the oxygen impossible hydration ebthalpy part. The right answer was that OXYGEN GAS is insoluble in water hence cannever b surrounded by water ions............
I also wrote ATP into ADP ND P but water was also involved in reactant side no?
As for the rate equation what was ur equation nd the mechanism?
. Further what was the answer to the part that where would fat soluble be attached in PEG?
KINDLY REOLY PLS:)
I'm pretty sure -OH is right, there isn't any other group there in the molecule which is likely to get broken down somehow.

ATP with water? Nah

And ofcourse, oxygen is soluble in water, LOL! How do you think the aquatic life exists? I'm not sure about my answer too, well lets see hope for the best :p

0 for [co] 1 for [complex ion]
mechanism 2

peg dissolves in long hydrocarbon chain, that molecule dissolves in water coz of H bonding, part of the drug dissolves and can be easily carried around the body.