• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry and Physics AS paper 12 MCQS

Reaction score
Q11- its B. this is because 1stly the road has an upward force on the wheels which is the opposite of the weight of the car. so its either a or b. then the 2nd force is applied so the car can move. so the force is applied to the right which causes the car motion to the right so it is B.
Q16- power is work done per unit time. B is also used to calculate power but C is the proper definition.
Q20- P=hdg so h=p/dg
pressure will be 10% of Po so 10Po/100 = Po/10
substituting u get Po/10dg :)
Q32- V=7.5 so 7.5/15=0.5A
Q33- 1st add the ones in series. 16kohm up and 16kohm down. then use the formula R1R2/R1+R2 = 16*16/16+16 = 8kohm :)

Reaction score
Q11- its B. this is because 1stly the road has an upward force on the wheels which is the opposite of the weight of the car. so its either a or b. then the 2nd force is applied so the car can move. so the force is applied to the right which causes the car motion to the right so it is B.
Q16- power is work done per unit time. B is also used to calculate power but C is the proper definition.
Q20- P=hdg so h=p/dg
pressure will be 10% of Po so 10Po/100 = Po/10
substituting u get Po/10dg :)
Q32- V=7.5 so 7.5/15=0.5A
Q33- 1st add the ones in series. 16kohm up and 16kohm down. then use the formula R1R2/R1+R2 = 16*16/16+16 = 8kohm :)

Thanks.
But I have those doubts in chemistry May/June 2003 paper .
Sorry about not mentioning the subject in my post.

Reaction score
thank uuuuu ssssoooooooooo much frankuzi!!!!! may u get all A's in ur result!!! i had some doubts n u cleared em well!! thnkx once again.......

Reaction score
Q24- X is not a hydrocarbon as hydrocarbons dont react with PCl5. X can either be acid or alcohol but we cant still distinguish which one it is. X is not an aldehyde for sure as X does not react with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydraxine. So we cant be sure whether its an alcohol or acid but we can say that it certainly is not an aldehyde :)
Q36- 1 is correct as H-Cl forms stronger bonds than H-Br so the enthalpy change of HCl will be higher. 2 is also correct because H-Br is more stable than H-I so the forward reaction will be faster in HBr so as more products form it has a higher Kp value. 3 is wrong because I is below Cl in the group so its valence electron is farther away from the nucleus so it is held more weakly and needs less energy to be removed. Hence ionisation energy of Cl is higher so 3 is wrong :)

Reaction score
Q14- A because max height means it covered half the distance so the energy also gets halved.
Q16- C. first find input power. output/input *100=efficiency. so 400000000/80=5MW
then find I using P=IV, 5MW/25kV=200A
Q21- find the area under the graph. Make it a triangle 1st. A=0.5*100*(2*10^-3)=0.1J but the area is not exactly a triangle. It is slightly more than a triangle so we assume it to be 0.11J