• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry DONE!!!

A*

• 130-140

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 140-150

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • 150-160

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • more than 160

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Paper 3 disappointed me a bit with the tiny stoichiometry part. I expected more of it.

Reaction score
what about Mg ONLY, i argued with my friend for hours that it will be wrong, but she said that it will form a neutralised salt. please reply jaldi se!

All the three will form a neuralised salt cz which ever you chose, the salt form is the same. Besides, they asked for a method, it had no concern with how many methods are possible. So, if you write any of them, the answer will correct.

Reaction score
All the three will form a neuralised salt cz which ever you chose, the salt form is the same. Besides, they asked for a method, it had no concern with how many methods are possible. So, if you write any of them, the answer will correct.

AHA!! thank you, thank you, thank you! so how do i get the 3 marks for this question?

Reaction score
AHA!! thank you, thank you, thank you! so how do i get the 3 marks for this question?

Write the procedure of the method.
-The name of the acid and the reagent(in excess)
-Wait for the reaction to get over
-Filter out the excess
-Evaporate to crystallisation point

Reaction score
By bringing two portions of element M, and adding acid to one portion and adding base to the other. If it reacted with both solutions, this means that it is amphoteric. That's what I wrote, at least. ^___^
i said exactly the same thing and included filtration as proof for reaction,but i guess what you said is enough.

Reaction score
the answer for solution of magnesium chloride is as follows.
put 25cm^3 of HCl in a beaker and warm. Add powdered magnesium oxide by means of a spatula and stir by a glass rod. Stop the addition when no more magnesium oxide dissolves and then filter.The filtrate obtained is magnesium chloride solution.

I'm not sure but that's what i wrote.
Even I wrote the same for that question

Reaction score
guys the question of the soluble salt that was made by titration,the question that asked how to remove the indicator.
in the question did he say that the volume of the acid needed to neutralise the base was NOTED or not?
even if they didnt mention you can simply not the volume and repeat by the same volume (without using the indicator )