• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry doubts..ask here!

Reaction score
haochen said:
shan5674 said:
hey can u tell me how to draw the link for terylene, amide bond etc etc please :D

hope u got it :D

Yey, my description was right..

Polyamides and polyesters are okay to draw, it's when we have to identify reactants that I'm stumped ¬¬

Reaction score
AStarHunter said:
hey, i have a qs in this paper -->http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0620 - Chemistry/0620_w06_qp_6.pdf---> Q4(d)---> i drew a best fit straight line for eperiment 2 and a curve for experiment 3-- I am not sure if this is what i was supposed to do... anybody got any ideas ? :)

you shouldnt draw a straight line. it is mentioned that smooth line curve so they will deduct mark for it and
dont forget o label both line so the examiner will give u mark :D

Reaction score
hey you guys we dont need to know extractions of metals for paper 6 right? :S and what about the habour process and contact process(sulphur)? :S not important for paper 6 right? :S

Reaction score
have a question..
What's the difference between a drying agent and a dehydrating agent n cld u gimme some examples :D

Reaction score
shan5674 said:
hey you guys we dont need to know extractions of metals for paper 6 right? :S and what about the habour process and contact process(sulphur)? :S not important for paper 6 right? :S

Not important for paper 6.

narutogirl said:
have a question..
What's the difference between a drying agent and a dehydrating agent n cld u gimme some examples :D

This is just a guess here, but maybe a dehydrating agent just removes water? I have no clue.. I know that Sulphuric acid is a drying agent for gasses.

AStarHunter said:
guyz, i have a qs, what is the method for checking whether the paint is dry? It was in november 06 ---> http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0620 - Chemistry/0620_w06_qp_6.pdf ---> Q6(c)(i)

Leave it for three hours, then simply run a finger along it? As it says touch dry.

Reaction score
shan5674 said:

ur welcm :D

narutogirl said:
have a question..

Drying agents absorb the moisture contents from a substance
Dehydration removes the water molecules so new product is formed

(took it from other source :) )

Reaction score
@lavanyamane-- anode dissolves and cathode gains mass.. therefore anode is impure and cathode is pure. besides its ANODE sludge not cathode's..

Reaction score
Maleeha said:
@lavanyamane-- anode dissolves and cathode gains mass.. therefore anode is impure and cathode is pure. besides its ANODE sludge not cathode's..

Yes, you're right. Sorry, my bad. Too stressed about French tomorrow!