• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry MCQ thread...

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
rahultaneja2010 said:
Can someone help me find the shapes of the following :
1) alcl3
2) ch3+
3) ph3

Pls show how u worked it out thanks .... Inshallah
1 and 2 have trigonal planar shape ( 120 degrees between the bonds because there are no lone pairs on the Al and C atoms ). PH3, it has 1 lone pair so the angle should be 107 but i remember one question they showed the angle as 104, i heared that this question was removed but anyways these are the shapes and angles

Thank u very much , how do u kno ph3 has 1 lp ??

Reaction score
zishi...all bond making processes are EXOTHERMIC Apart from exceptions....so formation of H-CL is most exothermic since H-Cl bond strength is high and it decreases DOWN THE GROUP ......I.E LESS EXOTHERMIC AND IN CASE OF HI IT BECOMES ENDOTHERMIC SINCE h2 and I2 BONDS INVOLVE MORE ENERGY IN BREAKING THAN THAT RELEASED ON FORMATION OF hi bond

Reaction score
7 Flask X contains 5 dm3 of helium at 12 kPa pressure and flask Y contains 10 dm3 of neon at 6 kPa pressure.
If the flasks are connected at constant temperature, what is the final pressure?

A 8 kPa B 9 kPa C 10 kPa D 11 kPa

hey can someone please help me with this?

Reaction score
nope, PH3 is 104 not 107. NH3 is 107.

although both have trigonal pyramidal shape the main reason for the difference is
- N is more electronegative than P
- bonding electrons are closer to N than in P
- the electrons are closer hence the bonds in N experiences a greater repulsion than in P

Reaction score
@wahab no gas is poisonous .. and the question is for flamable gases .. so only one is non flamable and others are flamable ..

Reaction score
a small spacecraft of capacity 10 m*3 is connected to another of capacity 30m*3.......b4 connection,the pressure inside smaller one is 50 kPa and 100 kPa in larger one...wats the final pressure.....
A. 75
B 87.5
C 100
D 125

Reaction score
hassam said:
a small spacecraft of capacity 10 m*3 is connected to another of capacity 30m*3.......b4 connection,the pressure inside smaller one is 50 kPa and 100 kPa in larger one...wats the final pressure.....
A. 75
B 87.5
C 100
D 125
B

Reaction score
13 In aqueous solution, the acid HIO disproportionates according to the following equation where m,
n, p and q are simple whole numbers in their lowest ratios.
mHIO → nI2 + pHIO3 + qH2O

This equation can be balanced using oxidation numbers.
What are the values for n and p?
n p
A 1, 2
B 2 ,1
C 4 ,1
D 4 , 2

and this!

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
wahab305 said:
plz help me at this......................
help me find which transportable gas is poisonous
its OXYGEN .. obviously oxygen cant burn IN OXYGEN ..
oh buddy dont be in a fuss read the question first.................. :p

Reaction score
For all those questions which ask final pressure or volume:

I use the formula: (P1 x V1) + (P2 x V2) = (P3 x V3)

P1 and P2 , being the pressures of the initial containers and P3 being the final pressure when they are connected together.
V1 and V2 being the volumes of the initial containers and V3 being the final volume when they are connected together.

Just apply it!