• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
I dont know if this was answered before i missed about 35 pages of the thread but what was the answer to the mcq in which a mixture of copper and zinc were added to the iron compound I chose the option which said solution got colourless and red-brown ppt. formed is it correct?

ur rite :)

Reaction score
I dont know if this was answered before i missed about 35 pages of the thread but what was the answer to the mcq in which a mixture of copper and zinc were added to the iron compound I chose the option which said solution got colourless and red-brown ppt. formed is it correct?
correct!

Reaction score
i guess i lost and A* cox i think i might get 155 or 156/175 :( :cry:
For what its worth, if the threshholds drop by even 1 percent, you get an A star as they round off any decimals to the nearest whole number

Reaction score
wh
aat did u wrote in electrons qstn?
I wrote that the electrons travel in one direction im not sure if im correct but my opinion is that the question had nothing to do with heat conductivity at all because although it was an electric kettle, i felt that they were talking about the conduction of electricity to the heating element rather than the conduction of heat from the heating element. Then again i may be wrong

Reaction score
pprs were easy why would they even drop threshold
good students like you ( you sure sound like one ) think that it was easy but what about the other half of the picture? maybe theyll drop it to 89 88 bcoz there are still people out there who screwed up enough to fall below C

Reaction score
i

wrote only reacting with potassium maganate no color change mentioned
:confused:

It was of 2 marks, you had to mention at least 2 of these:
- oxidizing with an oxidizing agent.
- colour change.
- no bunsen burner used since ethanol is flammable.
- apparatus description.

Reaction score
Bhai saad mughal what about the mark for reactants and products of the process

Reaction score
It was of 2 marks, you had to mention at least 2 of these:
- oxidizing with an oxidizing agent.
- colour change.
- no bunsen burner used since ethanol is flammable.
- apparatus description.
what about the mark for products and reactants sir?

Reaction score
I wrote colored compound. It's a life saving property! :D
Don't worry, you might still get the mark.

It said, "What property does V add to this compound?" I wrote high melting point there was no other metal in it. A metal in it would make the compound ionic, and hence, raise it's melting point.

Reaction score
I wrote colored compound. It's a life saving property! :D
Don't worry, you might still get the mark.
Yeah coloured compound was so obvious. And this answer is confirm as ammonium metavanadate is yellow.

Btw Honestly i think everyone should forget chemistry and focus on the next papers. Its too late now.

Reaction score
Yeah coloured compound was so obvious. And this answer is confirm as ammonium metavanadate is yellow.

Btw Honestly i think everyone should forget chemistry and focus on the next papers. Its too late now.

Well, I probably should, I'm getting depressed now, doubting my ability to even get an A*.
But Physics and Maths are easier for me so I'll just practice past papers now.