• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
ok to sum up p2:
A1. sulfur, calcium, barium, iron, carbon, lithium, ammonia,
A2. scientist r worried of increased pollution and depleting fossil fuel, C6H12O6+ 6O2--->6CO2+ 6H20, energy evolved during bond making is greated than energy absorbed during bond breaking, diagram exothermic
A3. al is positive and lose three electrons as metal r positive too and lose electrons(I- and Br- opposite of this statement), stronge forces in solid and weak in liquid + vibrate at fixed position in solids and move freely in liquid, IBr I-Br(make sure u make dot cross diagram this is just to provide example), Bromine decolourise from brown, al is a low density metal, oxide layer prevent reactions.
A4. Fractional distillation and boiling point, Reaction of cracking, Polymer structure (idk), steam + phosphoric acid and 300*C 50-70 atm
A5. Emperical formula to show H4NO3V, it acts as a catalyst or coloured compound, NH4+ & VO3-, oxidise because it reduces, ammonia
A6. iron reduce as it gain electrons, iron excess, pink deposits and green ppt, reaction occurs
B7. Flask + syringe+ stopwatch+ burette, Mg(OH)2 + 2HCl -----> MgCl2 + 2H20 & CaCO3+ 2HCl ------> CaCl2 + Co2 + H2O , 0.004 moles, 0.4g, increase concentration more fruitful collisions
B8. (not done)
B9. C H O , Propanol, C10H22O, No trend shown, Butyl Ethanoate, K2CrO7 and heat under reflux, CO and h20
B10. Mg2+ & O2- , Mg give 1 more electron to oxygen than sodium to chlorine, solid- ions fixed & molten- ions free to move, Ag2(aq)+, 2Cl-(aq)---->AgCl2(s), 0.15g(not confirmed about this)
+ why carboxlyic acid do not combust??
A6 - another observation was that blue color of solution fades away

Reaction score
ok to sum up p2:
A2. scientist r worried of increased pollution and depleting fossil fuel, C6H12O6+ 6O2--->6CO2+ 6H20, energy evolved during bond making is greated than energy absorbed during bond breaking, diagram exothermic
A3. al is positive and lose three electrons as metal r positive too and lose electrons(I- and Br- opposite of this statement), stronge forces in solid and weak in liquid + vibrate at fixed position in solids and move freely in liquid, IBr I-Br(make sure u make dot cross diagram this is just to provide example), Bromine decolourise from brown, al is a low density metal, oxide layer prevent reactions.
A4. Fractional distillation and boiling point, Reaction of cracking, Polymer structure (idk), steam + phosphoric acid and 300*C 50-70 atm
A5. Emperical formula to show H4NO3V, it acts as a catalyst or coloured compound, NH4+ & VO3-, oxidise because it reduces, ammonia
A6. iron reduce as it gain electrons, iron excess, pink deposits and green ppt, reaction occurs
B7. Flask + syringe+ stopwatch+ burette, Mg(OH)2 + 2HCl -----> MgCl2 + 2H20 & CaCO3+ 2HCl ------> CaCl2 + Co2 + H2O , 0.004 moles, 0.4g, increase concentration more fruitful collisions
B8. (not done)
B9. C H O , Propanol, C10H22O, No trend shown, Butyl Ethanoate, K2CrO7 and heat under reflux, CO and h20
B10. Mg2+ & O2- , Mg give 1 more electron to oxygen than sodium to chlorine, solid- ions fixed & molten- ions free to move, Ag2(aq)+, 2Cl-(aq)---->AgCl2(s), 0.15g(not confirmed about this)
B10 - it came to b sumthin like 0.09. About carboxylic acids - is that a general ques? coz it was nowhere in sec B i guess

Reaction score
ok to sum up p2:
B8. (not done)

B10, last answer was 0.0945 g.
A6, a green ppt. was not seen, in fact, the solution turned green.
B7, last part, you also needed to mention that the speed of the reaction doubled because of more effective collisions. Since it carried 2 marks.
Nice work by the way, compiling the answers to one post! (y)

Reaction score
B7, last part, you also needed to mention that the speed of the reaction doubled because of more effective collisions. Since it carried 2 marks.
I need your help bro can u tell me what were the answers to B8 particularly the effect of decreasing pressure on the equilibrium

Reaction score
I need your help bro can u tell me what were the answers to B8 particularly the effect of decreasing pressure on the equilibrium

I didn't attempt that. If you can give me the equation and parts, I'll tell you the answers.

Reaction score
In a(i), rate decreased as particles became less energetic. In a(ii) equilibrium shifted to left as left side was exothermic. In b equilibrium shifted to left as well. Rest of the parts i forgot

Reaction score
In a(i), rate decreased as particles became less energetic. In a(ii) equilibrium shifted to left as left side was exothermic. In b equilibrium shifted to left as well. Rest of the parts i forgot
Awesome ! another 6 marks secured :D thanks a lot bro :)

Reaction score

A6-shit ppt ruined it !
B7- i wrote short form and i wrote the same
B10- and yea i rememebered it was 0.095 :)

Reaction score

I wrote V makes the melting point of the compound high. Wrong? Also, I'm still curious about that tablet question. I seem to be the only one who used a different method.

Reaction score
I wrote V makes the melting point of the compound high. Wrong? Also, I'm still curious about that tablet question. I seem to be the only one who used a different method.

It's not wrong since all ionic compounds have a high melting point but it's a general property of ionic compounds, I think they wanted us to answer according to the transition metal, vanadium. But still, nobody can be sure!

Reaction score
It's not wrong since all ionic compounds have a high melting point but it's a general property of ionic compounds, I think they wanted us to answer according to the transition metal, vanadium. But still, nobody can be sure!

I wrote coloured compound first -_- Cut it later to write this.

Reaction score
I dont know if this was answered before i missed about 35 pages of the thread but what was the answer to the mcq in which a mixture of copper and zinc were added to the iron compound I chose the option which said solution got colourless and red-brown ppt. formed is it correct?