• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't find any reason why you're method is wrong; are you sure that you're applying it correctly? Are you sure that the mass of the tablet was 0.5 g?

Yes 500% bro. It was given at the very start of the question.

Reaction score
Well, hoping for A*'s in these CIE's. INSHA ALLAH. Thanks for the complement. :)
Yeah, two things;
- No aluminium was mentioned.
- They asked the TWO ions that were present in the compound.
Gave off the answer to be Ammonium ion and Metavanadate ion.

Need to know. Did it state that 'ONLY' two ions are present?

Reaction score
It stated THE two ions present. 'The' emphasizes on only.

I think it said that the solution was acidified and NaOH was added and Ammonia was given off. Write down two ions present in the solution?

How come H+ was present if the solution was acidified? If the question specified that only 2 ions were present, I think I'm wrong then.

Reaction score
I think it said that the solution was acidified and NaOH was added and Ammonia was given off. Write down two ions present in the solution?

How come H+ was present if the solution was acidified? If the question specified that only 2 ions were present, I think I'm wrong then.

It specified that state THE two ions present, also, I cross-checked the compound on google, it was ammonium metavanadate which contains ammonium and metavanadate ions.

Reaction score
There was an mcq in paper that to reduce magnesium oxide, u'd heat it with carbon, sodium, copper, or hydrogen? What u wrote as the answer?

Reaction score
It stated THE two ions present. 'The' emphasizes on only.
Same here dude... :)(y)
Both of u and EVERYONE ELSE can u tell me one thing
I heard that in paper 1 full mark is not deducted even if we get the mcq wrong?????? There r mostly 2 ans ( right 1 is from them) which r better than others. If we chose any from them partial credit is given. Also check the first page of paper 1 where instructions r given.

Reaction score
I heard that in paper 1 full mark is not deducted even if we get the mcq wrong?????? There r mostly 2 ans ( right 1 is from them) which r better than others. If we chose any from them partial credit is given. Also check the first page of paper 1 where instructions r given.

That's non-sense. You might get credits for wrong or partially correct answers in Theory but NEVER in MCQ's.

Reaction score
impossible! nobody would get a U then ! :p