• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY P12: INCREDIBLE!!!

Reaction score
exactly wt i wrote.. that student Q is ryt... because 6 is close to 7 that is differnce of only 1.. while for Y the difference was of 3 meaning that there was more dissociation ?:S

Reaction score
As for the yield 7s i dunt remember the option.. but the answer was which shoed more yield at 400 temp

Reaction score
And only the backward rate increased for Ammonia Q.. anyways for 40, y would the answer be B ??? The option said putting ethanol, NaBr, and H2SO4 in that flask.. if u put this all in that flask u would end up with a mixture of products... !!! So2, H2s ethene and dont knw wt else !!! how could option B be correct thn ???? I wrote C.. cuz B seemed impossible :S

Reaction score
No forward also increased. Overall ~YIELD~ would decrease as backward reaction also increased...

Reaction score
stud91 said:
No forward also increased. Overall ~YIELD~ would decrease as backward reaction also increased...
there is a difference btween an increase in yield and increase in THE RATE . there was no affect on the rate neither backward nor forward... . because shift of equllibrium to one side mean more yield but not more rate of reaction . get it ?

Reaction score
so you think that by increasing frequency of effective collisions i.e temp, rate will not change ?????

Reaction score
stud91 said:
so you think that by increasing frequency of effective collisions i.e temp, rate will not change ?????

for the haber process , when there is an increase in temp the reaction slows as it is exothermic , where as if there is and increase in pressure there is an increase in yeild .... ?

So therefore the backword reaction would be favoured at high tempretures ...

axh

Reaction score
sum were repeated.nt really tough..wd only 4 or 5 calculatnz.organic also went gud.evn section B wasnt tough.!!

Reaction score
people increase in temperature ALWAYS speeds up rate of reaction and that should be pretty clear whether it is forward or backward. It is just that in case of ammonia the rate of backward reaction increases more because the enthalpy change is endothermic in the backward reaction. REMEMBER compromise temperature? why do we use that so that the RATE of reaction of both forward and backward is fast although the backward reaction is more favored. So the correct option was A. I hope you get it.

Reaction score
Well the rate of backward reaction would incrrease not forward... !!! And tabout compromise temperatre.. It only helps to achieve the equilibrium because u provide the activation energy.. That is y u get a lower yield at a lower temperature.. So backward rraaction is favoreD !!

Reaction score
guys!!!

how many radicals!!!!!!!

i was getting 2..
but DA "GENIUS STUDENTS IN OUR CLASS GOT 4 RADICALS!!!

and which student was right!!!!!

is it P only?

Reaction score
the radicals were 3...confirmed...and increasing the temperature increases the RATE of forward reaction, not talking about the equilibrium yield.......or whatever.....the rate of reaction always increases since collisions increase...but the equlibrium yield decreases for an exothermic reaction...

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
the radicals were 3...confirmed...and increasing the temperature increases the RATE of forward reaction, not talking about the equilibrium yield.......or whatever.....the rate of reaction always increases since collisions increase...but the equlibrium yield decreases for an exothermic reaction...

yes i was getting 3 radicals too 1!! but u r sayining the number of collisions increase.. but the number of collisions increase for both reactants and PRODUCTs... And for le chatlelier's principle if u provide heat for an exothermic reaction u get a faster backward reaction in a given time !!