• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY P12: INCREDIBLE!!!

Reaction score
did anyone remeber the one of state oxidixing of N. i put it was +6 and -2. is that right??

Reaction score
In NH4NO3, it was -3 and +5 ...while in N2O it was +1 ....so change in oxidation state was +4 and -4

yeah carbon (graphite n diamond have giant molecular structures!

Reaction score
o shit i have it wrong S:
i think when u burn pvc, it breacks ozone, and not harmful produts. PVC doenst make harmeful product, just looked at a book

Reaction score
did anyone put P which was phophurus for Q1 whcih was something about unpaired electrons?? i think it was C

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
paper went awsom................expecting abv 37.............

n yes sulphuric acid only acting as acid.............as chlorine is stonger oxidising agent...........

n yes neither p and Q was right......

in redox recation question....... D was rite ans ...only in option 1 state changes.............

and in ammonia question.... only backward rate increases...confrmed./......asd it was an exothermic reaction so increase in tempretre shift equlibrium to left.............

last question ans was B................

element X was SR in that chloride question..........

N YES PRopanoic acid synethesized by all three options given so ans A......

in that 2 2 dimethylquestion..(q37) ans was C...........

and the forms of X raduical formed weere 2/////////

first of all
- increscing temp increses both rates dude :p confrimed .. only the backward rate increases more than forward that y equilirbium shifts
second
-3 radicals where froming !! DAMN SURE !! spend 5 minutes on that question .. got 3 possiblilty

and 3rd
remind me of propanoic acid formation question ?

lastly
i think amongst p and q
Q was rite it was a stronger alkali !! SO THERE WAS MORE DISSASOCIATION !!

Reaction score
Huff. Paper finished.. so many different opinions.. I think MCQ paper is the paper where u get least agreement on answers between the students.. lets w8 till 12th august... thn we will have the markscheme our result and much more to see :D till then haf fun :)

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
In NH4NO3, it was -3 and +5 ...while in N2O it was +1 ....so change in oxidation state was +4 and -4

yeah carbon (graphite n diamond have giant molecular structures!
what about sodium chloride????? it has a giant ionic structure so was that a correct option tooo?????

Reaction score
lollz Ashhad ... :p
NaCl is a molecule as well ... :p
any subs. that cntains more than 1 atom is called a molecule ... :p
chk ur class 8's chem buk ...:p :p :p

Reaction score
NaCl is not a molecule but an ionic crystal...well NaCL contains Na+ and Cl- ions not atoms...and the question asked for giant molecular* structure ....not giant ionic lattice...

Attachments

• Image117.jpg
    Image117.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
lol !! a pair or more collecollection of atoms is called a molecule.. NaCl exists due to the attraction of oppositely charged ions.. It isnt a molecule :O !!

to clear it up.. Neon isnt a molecule even though in its strucure contains more than one atom.. everything in this world contains more than on atom but dat doesnt mean it is a molecule.. Molecule is a thing made up of more than two atoms. like a hydrogen molecule !!!

Reaction score
I also would like to know when the 2010 june paper will be published on xtremepapers. Is there anywhere else i can obtain the june 2010 papers for physics chemistry and biology?