• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
the guys principal apparently sucks.... i got my info from my uncle working in the british council ...

you turn the marks on the paper to 100% and then you multiply by 2 to get your mark from 200
for example you got 40 out of 60 which is 20% from the whole syllabus in paper 6
and paper 3 you got 60 out of 80 which is 50% from the whole syllabus
and paper 1 you got 30 out of 40 which is 30% from the whole syllabus

you do (40/60 x 20)+(60/80 x 50)+(30/40 x 30) you will get 73.3333 out of 100 them multiply by 2 to make it out of 200 you will get 146.6666 which is a an A* (if you are variant one)

the gt for an A* for variant 1 in o/n 2011 session was 142 so you barely made it

here i explained everything http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/how-cie-calculate-the-curve.15175/page-2

(it took me time to re-type this so plz like atleast :) and thank you )
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3 much appreciated :)

Reaction score
thnzx man......but y multiply.......is this a maths equation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually if you look at it in math way the whole world is made of equations!!

you can't just add your marks of the paper because each has a different weighing so that is what you do

Reaction score
Again wait and see bro
haha ok what ever makes you feel better
i know its B but i dont care what you think when they have mentioned which one is losing electron on diagram
exams are over ( p1 doesnt count :p) i am just gonna chill now
you should take a chill pill too

Reaction score
tell me which question in 1994 which season ..........i hav the answer booklet frm 1993 onwards but not the questions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey sorry guys the paper i was talking about was just from a simple question bank from a revision booklet..............it was just written 1994..........so am not sure whether its igcse or another centre....................................But sure its there.......and ya the revision booklet is photocopyed so i dont have cover page...............