• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
Its electrode A............almost same question repeated in 1994 paper..........................I know guys u would ask for the paper but.....................the thing is having problem to being uploaded...................I tried editing it but it brings error........................First one was Zinc and second one Vanadium...............read on oxidation on net if u want the evidence.................................
hey i have 1994 too! :p can u tell me the page no. or the session no. please?

Reaction score
wattttttttttttttttt..................ions r catalysts ..................................it was asking to SUGGEST only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i rote adding ions makes the water conduct more easily :unsure: ..i read it in the buk dat adding impurities to water makes it conduct..

Reaction score
Ppl why do u think its A?! Just give me the reasoning not just because some past paper said so and its link I cannot provide/ I dont remember which one etc.....

I think its B because the electrons were flowing from B to A and since Iron in electrode B was losing electons the iron was going into the solution as Fe(III) ions so the B would become smaller not A......it is giving the electrons to A to keep it from going into the solution as ions.....

So its B if u have reasoning for why its A do post as a reply....
Thx

Reaction score
Ppl why do u think its A?! Just give me the reasoning not just because some past paper said so and its link I cannot provide/ I dont remember which one etc.....

I think its B because the electrons were flowing from B to A and since Iron in electrode B was losing electons the iron was going into the solution as Fe(III) ions so the B would become smaller not A......it is giving the electrons to A to keep it from going into the solution as ions.....

So its B if u have reasoning for why its A do post as a reply....
Thx
the too asked about which electrode RUSTS........according to that...........oxygen bubbles at A so """" A is the one that RUSTS """"

Reaction score
Actually after the exam there was this Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge debate A or B in the Exam hall during the collection of the paper the chief invigilator went CRAZY but no one listened but i believe he took ID cards of 3 students i don't know why ,, and when we left the whole down the the venue school reception there was a fight about this it was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge lol i LOLED so hard and even girls where beating boys up ...... lets say i took my opportunity and beat up a couple guys i hate , and i helped couple og girls ;) hahahah it was epic

Reaction score
the too asked about which electrode RUSTS........according to that...........oxygen bubbles at A so """" A is the one that RUSTS """"
haha maybe you shouldve read the question carefully
they asked what electrode will be oxidized
just for your knowledge rust is a redox reaction

Reaction score

did u look at sacrificial protection? this is kinda like that....the cathode iron is being sacrificed to protect the iron at anode even though it is in the bubbles, they are there just to confuse the student....how many marks was that question? just in case I am wrong lol....

Reaction score
In physics I think I will get like

35/40 in paper 1
63/80 in paper 3
34/40 in paper 6

do u ppl think I will get an A* ? I really hope the grade boundaries are low so that I get A* :D