• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P4| A2 only

Reaction score
Reaction score
The 'd' orbital splitting that leads to coloured compounds... the whole theory and all, have you skipped it brother ?
not really i kinda wrote stuffs like markscheme typ in my mocks but i got the answer completly wrong tho markscheme sez correct so i ws hoping if smone cn xplain me :D

Reaction score
The 'd' orbital splitting that leads to coloured compounds... the whole theory and all, have you skipped it brother ?
There was another question paper also asking for the shape of d-orbitals of metal cation in a complex ion. I know that three of them are on lower energy level and the other two on higher.
The normal shape of even-energy d-orbitals... I heard someone said they are like double-dumbbells.

Reaction score
ASA,
Can anyone explain the chromatography thing? like what is the stationary phase? what is the mobile phase? what are the two types of seperation techniques used in chromatography, like adsobtion and partition?
I have read it many times in the support booklet and in Chemguide but still can't understand it.. any help would be greatly appreciated!