• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P41 How was it?

How hard was it?

• Easy

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • medium

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Hard!!!

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well, many people I've seen got 25. Still trying to figure out what reasoning did they approach.
My Kc was 2.5x10^9. Did anyone get that value also? Or did anyone know somebody got that value?

Reaction score
Well, many people I've seen got 25. Still trying to figure out what reasoning did they approach.
My Kc was 2.5x10^9. Did anyone get that value also? Or did anyone know somebody got that value?
What was your fe^2* value of con centration, was it same for that of fe^3+ given in the question. And how did u get the answer for this part??
What about the rate question what did get for the order of reaction of hcl.

Reaction score
What was your fe^2* value of con centration, was it same for that of fe^3+ given in the question. And how did u get the answer for this part??
ws ur answer k=25?
becuase that is what i got

Reaction score

No, it's not the same as fe3+,

[Fe3+]=[I-]. And [Fe2+]= 2[I2]

I used mole ratio between reactants. And mole ratio between products.

Reaction score
No, it's not the same as fe3+,

[Fe3+]=[I-]. And [Fe2+]= 2[I2]

I used mole ratio between reactants. And mole ratio between products.
bro it is the same becuse yo dont see the overall equaton see the individual half equation hence 1:1

Reaction score
Well, just to make sure.

[Fe3+] = 2x10^-4
and [I2] = 1x10^-2
(This is given in the question)

I got:
[Fe2+] = 2x10^-2 and
[I-] = 2x10^-4

reaction is:

2Fe3+ + 2I- ------------> 2Fe2+ + I2

so Kc = ( [Fe2+]^2 x [I2]) / ([Fe2+]^2 x [I-]^2)

so Kc = {(2x10^-2)^2 x (1x10^-2)} / { (2x10^-4)^2 x (2x10^-4)^2}
Kc = 2.5x10^9 dm3 mol-1

Reaction score
bro it is the same becuse yo dont see the overall equaton see the individual half equation hence 1:1

Dude, there is a difference between a full equation and equilibrium. There is nothing means half equation when it comes to equilibrium. I mean you have to treat every specie inpendantly.

Reaction score
Yes I got 25 but I was confused , what volume to take after finding the no. Of moles. As moles of fe^3+ were the con. Of fe2+, as I thought that the volume would be 1dm

Reaction score
Yes I got 25 but I was confused , what volume to take after finding the no. Of moles. As moles of fe^3+ were the con. Of fe2+, as I thought that the volume would be 1dm

See, the reactants before equilibrium had the same number of moles, and in the eqn the mol ratio is 1:1. So obviously, I- has to be same as Fe3+. There were nothing of the products in the beginning, so what is produced, has to be in the ratio of 2:1 (between products).

Reaction score
Can u show ur steps
actually i just did it simply see
100cm^3 is used for all means we can use the concentration instead of mole ratio as volume s the same
then
-I wrote(iam not sure if its correct or not) that fe^3+ and fe^2+ have same concentration
-for the second part i multiplied by 2 for iodine
then i just pluged in the values for 25 the answer

Reaction score
And what about the last question's formula of polymer was it addition or condensation

Reaction score
I found the paper a little tough. I hope the threshold is around 55 :(
I got the Kc value as 25.
Was the percentage of Al 6% ?