• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P41 How was it?

How hard was it?

• Easy

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • medium

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Hard!!!

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I did addition for its structure, order was 1. But I think That I did some thing wrong in kc value because when they asked for conc. of fe^2+ so I took the conc value same for fe^3+ and multiplied it with .1 dmcube of its volume and then divide by 1 for its conc.
Same for I- but the ratio was different, but got the answer as 25. I don't know that's right or wrong

Reaction score
no there were 2 things both were 1st order
one was of the of which the comount dont remmeber ts name it ws on the yaxs of the grph its was of the oder 1 becuase half life was constant.
and for order of hcl also 1 becuase comparing the initial rate of both the graph the one drawn before and the one after( the one which we had to drew)
right??

Reaction score
Yeah I got order 1 for HCl too! for question 1 part 4, where it asked if there were more products or reactants at equilibrium, was it more products? and why could the order of reaction of H2O not be measured in q.2?

Reaction score
I wrote its difficult to measure conc of water

What was ur rate constant

Reaction score
wasnt their a reaction they mentoned first that what reagent u used then next prt they said by what reagaent can u reverse the rection

That wasn't a ketone, it was an ester group

Use hcl(aq) and reflux it to reverse the reaction

To form C use a carboxylic acid with conc sulfuric acid and reflux

Reaction score
What about the first question in that part, where it goes from phenol to a phenol attached to it a carbon and that carbon attached to it 3 more? What reagent would do that producing only HCl?