• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 22: Discussion and Grade Threshold

Reaction score
That's basically has to do nothing with CIE
there are like 15 Boards in U.K and the pass rate of all of them exceeded 97 %
SO, dont worry it has nothing to do with CIE , it's already very tough compared to AQA,Edexel etc..

All you people are just saying it easy because of the short paper and excess time for the 4 questions
Paper was comparatively easy from the past few years.
Organic questions were very very well designed and most of the candidates including me lost marks in the organic questions.believe me they were too tricky
A lot of people did very well while a lot of people messed it up too

Grade threshold
46 - 48 - A (Most probably)
hmmm...yes it was tricky...

Reaction score
He's probably one of the people who have to give their exams yet. trying to get out the paper. :p
Nice shooting. :p

No, my bad, i did paper 21 not 22. It was a 10 marks organic question. Anyways thanks for accusing me of cheating bro -__- If i wanted to do that i would have atleast tried with another account, i'm not stupid.

Reaction score
No, my bad, i did paper 21 not 22. It was a 10 marks organic question. Anyways thanks for accusing me of cheating bro -__- If i wanted to do that i would have atleast tried with another account, i'm not stupid.
lol...:)

Reaction score
Hey guys, now the 24 hours are up and we can discuss the paper. I have some questions

1) Will AlCl3 be alright in the first question? And if wrote alcl3 will it react or dissolve in water since al2cl6 dissolves.
2) what was the reaction of chlorine?
3) enthalpy was -129
4) empirical was what?
5) Was the structure of the organic compound in the question 4 ch2(oh)c=och2oh that is a diol with ketone functional group

Reaction score
Hey guys, now the 24 hours are up and we can discuss the paper. I have some questions

1) Will AlCl3 be alright in the first question? And if wrote alcl3 will it react or dissolve in water since al2cl6 dissolves.
3) enthalpy was -129
4) empirical was what?
5) Was the structure of the organic compound in the question 4 ch2(oh)c=och2oh that is a diol with ketone functional group

1)...dont remeber the Q...
2).....==========
3)yes i got the same value...:)
4) i didnt remember properly but i guess i got CH2O
5)yes...:)

Reaction score

3) enthalpy was -129
4) empirical was what?

It was AlCl3 and it reacts with water to form Al2O3 and HCl. The reaction of chlorides with water was hydrolysis and the enthalpy change was -129. The empirical formula was C6H8O7 and yes the compound had one ketone group and 2 primary alcohol groups! :)

Reaction score
It was AlCl3 and it reacts with water to form Al2O3 and HCl. The reaction of chlorides with water was hydrolysis and the enthalpy change was -129. The empirical formula was C6H8O7 and yes the compound had one ketone group and 2 primary alcohol groups! :)
i guess i got the same things...oh God neither i remeber the Qs properly nor the ANSWERS wat ever i wrote...:(

Reaction score
And what about people who wrote al2cl6. They would have to write it dissolved right?

Reaction score
Two more questions

1) the reaction of chlorine with either water or oxygen. I don't remember the 2nd element. What was it an I answered dispropotionation. Is that correct.

2) Reaction of al + cl I wrote as

2al + 3cl2 ---> 2alcl3

And observations I wrote
1) silvery metal turns to white solid (which is probably correct)
2) container feels warm to touch. Now is this correct since I figured that energy in bonds broken are less than bond
made, it will be exo. Any idea whether it will be correct?

Reaction score
Two more questions

1) the reaction of chlorine with either water or oxygen. I don't remember the 2nd element. What was it an I answered dispropotionation. Is that correct...it can be either hydrolysis or exothermis reaction

2al + 3cl2 ---> 2alcl3

And observations I wrote
2) container feels warm to touch. Now is this correct since I figured that energy in bonds broken are less than bond
...hm no ideawether they will give u mark or not..

Reaction score
...hm no ideawether they will give u mark or not..
What were the 2 elements? Chlorine and water or chloride and water or chlorine and oxygen? Does anyone remember this,in the first question directly above the bond and lone pair question

Reaction score
Two more questions

1) the reaction of chlorine with either water or oxygen. I don't remember the 2nd element. What was it an I answered dispropotionation. Is that correct.

2al + 3cl2 ---> 2alcl3

And observations I wrote
reaction was hydrolysis..not disproportionation.......while yes..it was AlCl3 because there was no water so it cant be aqueous..it was solid state( melts at 180C)

Reaction score
What were the 2 elements? Chlorine and water or chloride and water or chlorine and oxygen? Does anyone remember this,in the first question directly above the bond and lone pair question
lol i guess it was CL2 and H2O...

Reaction score
reaction was hydrolysis..not disproportionation.......while yes..it was AlCl3 because there was no water so it cant be aqueous..it was solid state( melts at 180C)
I don't remember the elements in the type of reaction as my friends are contradicting me and what about the exo observation?

Reaction score
What did you guys draw in the organic flowchart? adding H2SO4 etc... and is it error carried forward...?