• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 33 how was it?

Reaction score
the worst part, there were no air conditioners in our lab, moreover they switched off all fans in order to prevent fluctuations in thermometer readings, we were sweating like hell, apart lab was well equipped!

Reaction score
This is very sad, i thought they should be able to provide all the reagents...I had my chemistry practical test just now...and I accidentally did something wrong with my FA x with wrong solution...then i request for another new one, but the teacher was very rude to me :(

Then when i finished the question i realized i done something wrong again and needed the FA x again so that i can redo and correct my answers, but i was very scared to request for it again as the teacher was very fierce and rude :cry: so i didn't request for it and let the answer like that

For sure my practical mark will be affected, i hate that teacher

CIE needs to monitor practical exam centers more carefully. The quality of apparatus is terrible in some centers and when one asks for extra reagents the invigilators behave as if they were asked to donate their kidney. Idiots! Ruining others' future...
Last year, in Physics practicals, (where we needed to investigate the bending of copper wire by the action of pendulum), the holes to hold the wires were so large, I could almost fit my pinky in it. So that practical was ruined and same happened today. I hate practicals, they always bring my grades down!:mad:

Reaction score
I see 1st qs messed up pretty bad for some people who were in A.C room ... :p... i had an Ac in my room too but i enhanced every value by 0.5 degrees........so i got the highest temp as 31.5 ......not bad though !!!:sneaky:

Reaction score
Our AC was on when i took the initial reading...then the lab teacher realised that the room temp has to be the same in the entire room(ppl on the other side of the room were getting a high thermo reading) so she switched it off and at that time i started my experiment,when i did the the experiment i got a very large difference between my final and initial readingo_O

Reaction score
yeah don't discuss the paper before 24 hrs.. its a rule!!!!

Reaction score
Hey! My first question gone best :) yet In energy calculations I did a blunder: Instead of taking the temperature change I used maximum temperature :( Would there be any ecf for this or I had to slipped of from 3 marks? :S
In second question my titration result was so precise two were 0.05 cm^3 away and one was 0.10 away, more over it was 0.10 away from my superviser. However I messed up in calculation pat 3 in which the concentRATION FOR DILUTION Were to find out? :/ Would they gave ecf in this question ?
In third question I was pretty good yet I wrote the reaction as Neutralization yet it was REDOX :p I also found three anions in FA6 & FA7 but they were 3 :( This question was trouble for me almost, lost 8 marks in this question :/

Reaction score
The blunder i did was taking 3* as change while it was 5 as seen from my graph and i completely did all the calculations coreect :/
Bad luck i huess