• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 33 Purity% answer of CaCO3 and what were the metal and anions

Reaction score
Anyone knows the answer to the question whether increasing mass of CaCO3 will give more accurate results?

Reaction score
Anyone knows the answer to the question whether increasing mass of CaCO3 will give more accurate results?

Increasing the mass(m) of limestone lowers the % error; here's how:

% error = d(m) * 100 ;
clever,eh?...m

[the %purity was inferred in a similar way, i.e. by sectioning the imperial mass with the total mass of CaCO3] :)

Reaction score
I just did the tables of titration in pencil. Will they reject that? All the rest of the paper is in pen.

Reaction score
I just did the tables of titration in pencil. Will they reject that? All the rest of the paper is in pen.

No, not if you've written the titer value in ink on the space provided: .............. cm^3 of FA1 reacted with 25.0 cm^3 of FA3/FA5. You're safe.:)

Reaction score

% error = d(m) * 100 ;
clever,eh?...m

[the %purity was inferred in a similar way, i.e. by sectioning the imperial mass with the total mass of CaCO3] :)
hmm..that was good thinking, now i think i have got my answer wrong :(

Reaction score
Hey Guys...if a person get A in P1 and P2 but B or C in P3........what would be the overall grade?

Reaction score

% error = d(m) * 100 ;
clever,eh?...m

yeah, i said yes, and i was thinking the same thing. =)

Reaction score
My purity was 90 %. my titration results were very precise.
all my question 2 except the observations was left. As the time finished.

It pains me to discuss past paper. till now I have had bad luck in all paper. Though I had full prepration.

Reaction score

% error = d(m) * 100 ;
clever,eh?...m

Yay :D I wrote the same thing *victory dance*