• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PAPER 34 On 31st MAY

Reaction score
What was the answer of h2s04 part[/QUO
I dont think so... because the aci is already in excess and 1 mole of mg reacted with 2 moles of hcl..While 1 mole of mg reacts with 1 mole of h2s04 so again ,it is sure to be in excess.........

Reaction score
No change delta t remains the same as hcl
Check all the previous marking schemes they illustrate the same thing especially w1431

Reaction score
Was the temperature rise for mg with hcl(long strip) lesser than mg with ethanoic acid for all of you cos my enthalpy change value for ethanoic acid was more than hcl
Ethanoic acid max was 61c and HCl was 59c

Reaction score
Was the temperature rise for mg with hcl(long strip) lesser than mg with ethanoic acid for all of you cos my enthalpy change value for ethanoic acid was more than hcl
Yeah me too same prob but it is completely fine my Sir said beacuse plotting a graph corrects for the heat loss due to extrapolation however in hcl it was taking too long and highest temperature was 57.5 for me

Reaction score
Chill bruh it is completely goood

Reaction score
I have some depressing news for all of you
our paper was 80% similar to W14 31 and the gt for A in that paper is 26 as opposed to our expectation of 21
This might not be the case just letting y'all know and do NOT take it seriously

Reaction score
I have some depressing news for all of you
our paper was 80% similar to W14 31 and the gt for A in that paper is 26 as opposed to our expectation of 21
This might not be the case just letting y'all know and do NOT take it seriously
That qualitative analysis Q. In that paper is very easy. I hope that gt is low for this paper or p2. I'll be safe if p2 gt is like 45 or this one like 21-22 :/ scary situation i got myself in :(

Reaction score
one anion was an iodide and the other was a carbonate
I wrote Iodide and Ammonium :(
was one of the observations in there "solution turns red"? what happened for me was that the solution turned red.. like blood red. And then after 20 minutes it had a brown touch. But i thought not to write that.
how much marks were for each observation table?
in first table all were giving effervescence with Na2Co3 right?

Reaction score
was one of the observations in there "solution turns red"? what happened for me was that the solution turned red.. like blood red. And then after 20 minutes it had a brown touch. But i thought not to write that.
How did your practical for v34 go? was it hard?
and no titration I heard?

Reaction score
y
yes they all were giving but the unknown was a nitrate you had to test for it in the next part dint have anything blood red though i had brown solution after addition h202