• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 4-theory- doubts =D

Reaction score
Assalamu Alykum wa Ra7matullahi wa Barakatuhu!!!
Al7amdulillah, we're done with the pathetic Paper 5 finally;)
So now we can start our Paper 4 practice... and we need to work extremely hard if we're really hoping for an A* inshAllah..
and the rest of it will be left to Allah (SWT), the One Who's Worthy of all Praise and Worship. If He Wills, nothing can ever stop us from succeeding! :)

Alright.. i don't know all the A-level Candidates on this forum, so i'm only tagging a few, but please brothers and sisters, tag fellow brothers and sisters if they do not know about this thread. Thank you, Jazakum Allahu Khair:)

Soldier313
Zari
Jiyad Ahsan
fadilah
xhizors
PhyZac
MaxStudentALevel
pearl angel
@everyone else...wow.. long list MashAllah;)

Reaction score
Btw, i was suggesting that we follow a plan for chem....please tell me an alternative if this isnt a very sensible one:)
We'll first start thoroughly revising the course in a matter of _______ days (fill in the blanks plz). then we start discussion. what do u say?

Reaction score
i think we should revise difficult topics in the course! like main points!
BUT organic should be mastered as its a good like 20-30 marks in papers!!
so lets start with revising all organic!!
topics i find confusing are
-Group Trends
-Some calculations
-NMR

:) Any other feedback?

Reaction score
umhmm...
i think we should revise difficult topics in the course! like main points!
BUT organic should be mastered as its a good like 20-30 marks in papers!!
so lets start with revising all organic!!
topics i find confusing are
-Group Trends
-Some calculations
-NMR

:) Any other feedback?
perfect.. and the applications can also be somewhat confusing...so how many days shall this take? cz once we're done with the course, theere must b no looking back at the txtbk...we just start kicking p4's butt;) but how many days?

Reaction score
exactly!!
-problem is ive got a bio paper on monday so im revising that till then
-after which im doing phy review for 3 days
-Then i shall reveiw chem so ill be unavailable till then!
-I think you guys should do quick summaries of all organic and then allchapters! :)

Reaction score
Waalikum Assalamu Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatoho.

Well, I think 1 or 2 days for a very speedy revision, then start papers starting from latest years, then whenever a difficult topic appear in paper, we revise the book and retry solving that question, by this way the revision will be thorough!

Then before exam 2 days, stick to byhearting organic routes with reagents and conditions and revise book!

Reaction score
exactly!!
-problem is ive got a bio paper on monday so im revising that till then
-after which im doing phy review for 3 days
-Then i shall reveiw chem so ill be unavailable till then!
-I think you guys should do quick summaries of all organic and then allchapters! :)
Ur doing AS and A2 together?:eek:

Reaction score
But wah
Waalikum Assalamu Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatoho.

Well, I think 1 or 2 days for a very speedy revision, then start papers starting from latest years, then whenever a difficult topic appear in paper, we revise the book and retry solving that question, by this way the revision will be thorough!

Then before exam 2 days, stick to byhearting organic routes with reagents and conditions and revise book!
But what i was suggesting is that we don't find a difficult chapter in the past papers... i mean. i did that last year for AS, the closing and opening of my txtbk, i flunked and had to repeat... i dunno... or to be fair with everyone.. whoever's done revising first can post it and start with his/her doubts if any and we can all reply as we revise.. what do u guys say?