• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 4-theory- doubts =D

Reaction score
yup thats the case just u need to balance it!
so when they only for the organic product, it has to be RCOONA? 0.0
Sorry im bugging u so much! :( Is there any advice u cd give me for app. It doesnt get in my head! :/

Reaction score
if hydration dominates then it'd soluble?! o_O and i was talking abt the lattice energy? it increases down the grp as the ionic character increases cause the polarising ability decreases! I never learnt what u just stated...Or maybe i can't comprehend it? I'm sorry. Elaborate if u can?!
:)
If u are asking about G2 Solubility trend:
it decreases down the group
due to two factors:
a)solubility inc as hydration inc as hydration gives out energy good for breaking lattic
down the group hydration decreases as G2 elements form weak water bonds! means less energy available now for lattice to break
b) Lattice Dissociation energy decreases down the group less energy required to break the lattice
but even though hydration energy decreases so much that it cant be able break the lattices
so over all it decreases down the group
i dont know whether it answered your question or not?

Reaction score
If u are asking about G2 Solubility trend:
it decreases down the group
due to two factors:
a)solubility inc as hydration inc as hydration gives out energy good for breaking lattic
down the group hydration decreases as G2 elements form weak water bonds! means less energy available now for lattice to break
b) Lattice Dissociation energy decreases down the group less energy required to break the lattice
but even though hydration energy decreases so much that it cant be able break the lattices
so over all it decreases down the group
i dont know whether it answered your question or not?
yea got it!! :D
Thanks.

Reaction score
so when they only for the organic product, it has to be RCOONA? 0.0
Sorry im bugging u so much! :( Is there any advice u cd give me for app. It doesnt get in my head! :/
no i mentioned the compoundss which it can be use for
also for app just go through the text book
or post it here specific issue/concept and i'll try to help!!

Reaction score
no i mentioned the compoundss which it can be use for
also for app just go through the text book
or post it here specific issue/concept and i'll try to help!!
okay, if u have time then a bit of explanation of NMR, analysing that graph thing with narrow mountains (not eaxctly). And yea Main points for the chromatography methods, PC, TLC, GLC, HPLC...
Thanku! and i was talking abt this question in O/N 2012 Q5 b) third one. don't mind taking a look? they r asking for the organic product formed with that iodoform test. :)

Reaction score
How do we get that? o.o And Q2 b (iv). Q2 c (ii)
Honestly speaking....i did that question aaaaaaages ago..so even my memory can be like that of an old woman..i dont remember :/
Q2 b(iv) either step 2 cz it involves H2 and O is formed from NO
or step 3 since it involves H2 and N2O formed from NO...
C (iii) i think u add all of them..i dunno what the heck made me erase it :/...but i can see the outlines...i've ...added them...yep:) Add all the three...what does the mark scheme say?

Reaction score
Honestly speaking....i did that question aaaaaaages ago..so even my memory can be like that of an old woman..i dont remember :/
Q2 b(iv) either step 2 cz it involves H2 and O is formed from NO
or step 3 since it involves H2 and N2O formed from NO...
C (iii) i think u add all of them..i dunno what the heck made me erase it :/...but i can see the outlines...i've ...added them...yep:) Add all the three...what does the mark scheme say?
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/... AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_ms_41.pdf

Reaction score
okay how exactly is it redox or redn whatever? Please please please...! :/
type of reaction --Electrophilic addition is a mechanism plus it's reduction cz of the gain of H atoms...see that diagram? Look, both the O's have a hydrogen atom now...

Reaction score
type of reaction --Electrophilic addition is a mechanism plus it's reduction cz of the gain of H atoms...see that diagram? Look, both the O's have a hydrogen atom now...
i thought so just wasnt confident...thanks a ton, Also, Q3 a, where the aryl ring is joined to that pentagon: don't we count C1-C2 as in C1 from the aryl and C2 from the penta thingy. they just counted one C atom there.:/ In some other sheet i once did this wasnt the case