• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
on last questions in the first page i wrote to reach cystallization point and get crystal and to increase the solubility of the solution im not sure about it its 3 marks how much can i get ?

Reaction score
on last questions in the first page i wrote to reach cystallization point and get crystal and to increase the solubility of the solution im not sure about it its 3 marks how much can i get ?
actually here I'm not sure about MY answer....I wrote...water will evaporate leaving anhdrous powder ....??
HOPE WE BOTH GET MARKS HERE...lol

Reaction score
How to speed up disolving in number 3, you don't say heat, as they told you the water is hot.

Say " Stiring with glass rod"

If you heat water up till say 90 degrees and leave it, it won't stay 90 degrees. It will begin to drop..
SO heating is an acceptable answer as it keeps the temperature increasing as a constant rate -> Increase in kinetic energy -> Increase in collisons -> Increase in rate x)

Reaction score
actually here I'm not sure about MY answer....I wrote...water will evaporate leaving anhdrous powder ....??
HOPE WE BOTH GET MARKS HERE...lol
The one which asked about boiling iron sulfate?

Reaction score
Could it be precipation?
yea it can be precipitation as we are mixing here two salts...also in some part of question the answer was yellow ppt which indicates that we r dealing with precipitation!

Reaction score
u will get marks and I don't thnk that mass is included.......plz check the post I posted of the similar question which came before see it!

Could you give me alink to the previous similar question? because I also did not like mention masses, volumes etc...

Reaction score
If you heat water up till say 90 degrees and leave it, it won't stay 90 degrees. It will begin to drop..
SO heating is an acceptable answer as it keeps the temperature increasing as a constant rate -> Increase in kinetic energy -> Increase in collisons -> Increase in rate x)
Yeah dude but they already added Warmed water or wateva to it so they kinda mentioned the warm part so I wrote stirring

Reaction score
yea it can be precipitation as we are mixing here two salts...also in some part of question the answer was yellow ppt which indicates that we r dealing with precipitation!
Well K
I think displacement is rite as well

Reaction score
Yeah dude but they already added Warmed water or wateva to it so they kinda mentioned the warm part so I wrote stirring

Im not saying stirring is wrong, I'm just saying heating isn't wrong. It could be accepted.

Reaction score
what is the total mark for this paper 6? I think its like 65? but Im not sure....

Reaction score
that answer wont make sense
they are providing u hot water
you increased surface area with crushing
only thing left is to add more water(in excess) or stir the solution

Reaction score
Guys i want you to grade me please im really worried first exam i worry about i get the apartus and curves right .. and last question first page i wrote cryastallization and to make solvent more solube how know if reaction finished i wrote residue of iron powder and the second point is wrong nvm about it anw i lost a mark about what kind of reaction and a mark on what happens if you mix iodide and silver nitrate qualtative analysis nailed it so did the question about the filter diagram the readings i had no mistakes but last question i wrote to put each iron nail in seperate test tube add water (rusting conditions ) add the inhabitors and compare the results see which one rust and which ones rust faster :) please how much you think i can get im really worried sorry for troubeling you and reading all this :D