• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
For the first question heating the Fe(II)Sulphate, you get SO2, Fe(III)O and SO3(White gas)....I checked online and this seems correct :)

Reaction score
I put displacement and I think displacement, precipitation, and exothermic are right....but Im not sure if its displacement or double displacement....

Reaction score
It was Easy, the last question answer was :-
1. Place each Corrosion inhibitor in 3 test tube of equal amount.
2. Take 3 steel nails and place them in 3 water bowl.
3. Place each inhibitor in bowl.
5. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 days in presence of air.
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.

Reaction score
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.

Reaction score

I think I lost 3 marks....coz I did not mention like measuring the weight of rust....I just said look at it and the one with the most rust is the least effective....I just said compare it with the control by looking

Reaction score
Bro, where is the fareness of the steel nails? Haha and the volume of the inhibitor? and you dind't say weight each of the peices?​

Reaction score
Guys Need Help i wrote to put the iron nails in a test tube seperatly and provide rusting condition water and oxygen add water to the tube containing the nails compare which one rusts and which one rusts faster :S i know it sucks but forgot about masses and so on so how many marks can i get for this ?

Reaction score
Guys Need Help i wrote to put the iron nails in a test tube seperatly and provide rusting condition water and oxygen add water to the tube containing the nails compare which one rusts and which one rusts faster :S i know it sucks but forgot about masses and so on so how many marks can i get for this ?
u will get marks and I don't thnk that mass is included.......plz check the post I posted of the similar question which came before see it!