• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 8, and Physics paper 8 help and revision

Reaction score
Please you guys, if you've get anything usefull regarding these exams, don't hesitate to share it here. And if you have any questions in any paper post it here as well, so that you can get help, and point out difficult parts of the exams to other people.
Lets help each other out.
:)

Reaction score
btw there are only 4 papers, june 2010- january 2012 did you solve them all?

Reaction score
yah, I dont think there are any expiriments. Well all I can advise you to do is reread them or resolve them, and if your done and still have some time, then go to your book, and try and revise for anything you see that looks like it can be associated in anyway with practical work. Make yourself a small summary, relax, and hope for the best.
I actually hoped that people would have some solid material to actually study from, but it seems that everyone is like me, they just revised by doing the past papers.
Anyways let's hope everything goes well, and there's still time for the exam, so if you have anything post it here, so I can try and help you, you will benefit me as well :)

Reaction score
yup! yhanks a lot for all the advice :)
guess we're all in the same boat :( :p

r u doing AS practicals as well?

Reaction score
nah thank god, i scored an A on my physics paper 3 in january, so I'm only doing the A2's this year + paper 2's for phys and chem, to try and get better marks.

Reaction score
oh dats great! (y)
but what i meant to ask was are u revising the AS practicals for Unit 8 :p

Reaction score
umm for the AS I actually depended on my intuition and what I learned throughout the years, so I didn't really revise for any AS material, since there isn't much. I just revised the uncertainty stuff.
Here's what you should take care of:
1) GRAPHS, draw them as if your drawing something for the queen. They have to be very percise, as large as possible, straight lines should be best fits.
2)And you should know how to make an equation look like a straight line equation "y=mx+c" (using ln) and use it in the table to draw your graph.
3) You should know how to obtain the gradient from the graph. Show a large triangle on the graph itself as well.
4)number of SFs are really important. Get your answer to the right SFs. The answer can't have more SFs than the input values.
5) you should go over some important expirements.
6) get to know the various instruments and their uncertanities.
7) you should also know how to carry out simple mathematics, like finding the percentage difference between two values.
8) last but not least, be superrrrrrrrr careful. I stress on this point greatly. Do the exam without looking at the time so you won't stress. Go with your average normal speed. Wear stuff you normally wear to be comfortable. You know what? Just try to emulate the environment around you when you solve papers, and you'll do good. REVISE alot after you finish writing the exams. When you revise revise quickly, and alot.

Reaction score
You know I'm probably in no position to tell you what to do. But you know what? I hate it when people try to compete with each other, by telling them to do the wrong stuff, so that they themselves can succeed and the rest fail. I am trying to succeed along with everyone else with me. So a general advise is go sleep right now, and wake up early. I'll wake up at 4:40 and pray in the mosque, I think this helps me, get my mind straight. So I really wish you, me and everyone else the best of luck!!

Reaction score
W-O-W!! thanks a LOT! u so neatly summarised all the basic stuffs Mashalllah :D Jazakallah :)
n yeah same here, going by just watever i remember :p
@ppl... EXACTLY! same here... i try to be open abt wat i do n lyk to share and ask so everyone is helped :)
and ur advise is really true (i had already followed it i guess :D)
Thanks n same to u ^_^

Reaction score
:) the exam was amazing, I totally expected it to be way more annoying.
So now on to chem unit 6B, the exam's tomorrow, I hope it's nice and easy like the phys.

Reaction score
BACK PEOPLE????
HOW WAS IT????????? :D:D:D

quite different pattern from earlier papers do'n't u think? :)

Reaction score
:) the exam was amazing, I totally expected it to be way more annoying.
So now on to chem unit 6B, the exam's tomorrow, I hope it's nice and easy like the phys.
EXACTLY! i thot it'll be hard seeing the Jan paper :)
yup! now on to chemmy :) sure hope so Inshallah :)
All the best :D
it'll be nice to discuss stuff here if neone has doubts or queries :)

Reaction score
sure, sure. I'll try to add some stuff in here too for chem. I think the most important thing I'll focus on right now, is the colors and ions of transition metals. Next I'll revise all the organic reactions. Lemme get that done first :) Hey if you got anything just put it on here whether it's a question or a pointer or whatever.. =) Happy studying for now :p

Reaction score
:LOL: sure! m going for the recrystallization n oder processes first :D
chemmy is my love :love: so its VERY happy studying for me :D
n thanks, same 2 u :)

Reaction score
I guess this summarizes the stuff we need to know for tomorrow :)

Attachments

• GCE_Chemistry_8CH01Practical_work_Mapping_Green.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 25