• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah guys!!!!
Its paper 33!
I just dont now what went wrong!!?
I did exactly what the others did , but still ended up with this value!!
What might have went wrong!!
N whats the right answer!!!?

Which question? The titration one fr step 3? Tht depends on what ur mass of CaCo3 was , mine was 2.03g and titration values were around 19.4

Reaction score
hw come i got 4 for the titre value!!!!
Im sure i did it the right way!!!!
I mean ive been doing similar experiments through out the year and never got it wrong!!!

Reaction score
I also got one of the halides wrong!!!
I wrote Bromine instead of iodine!!!!
So im really worried I lose the A*!!!
=(

Reaction score
In AS practical 33 what was the answer to the last part of the first question regarding using higher mass.Was it yes or no?
Secondly what was the answer to the question in wh0ich they asked us about the oxidation state?

Reaction score
In AS practical 33 what was the answer to the last part of the first question regarding using higher mass.Was it yes or no?
Secondly what was the answer to the question in wh0ich they asked us about the oxidation state?
I wrote it has no effect cuz its just a ratio. If mass increases , impurity also increases so their ratios will be same.

Their were 2 ox state questions , +2 and +4 I guess. I don't remember

Reaction score
for Paper 2 if the question asks for the reagent of oxidation, i wrote Potassium Manganate (VII) solution while the answer scheme gave Manganate (VII) ions. Are they both accepted? What should i write?

Reaction score
hello there.
Can anybody answer this:
A solution of vanadium (V) ions in 1 mol dm-3 H2SO4 slowly oxidises arsenic (III) oxide to arsenic (V) oxide according to the following (unbalanced) equation. Balance the equation. :cry:
As2O3 + VO2^+ + H+ ---> As2O5 + VO2+ + H2O