• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Is it C? I think Cl-35 Cl-37 and Cl-37 Cl-35 shall show as the same peak. The mass spectrometre measures the mass-to-charge ratio of Cl2 molecules, not Cl atoms.
i agree....the answer shud b "B".......

Reaction score
AoA!
B. 3 peaks will be recorded corresponding to Cl2 (1+). Chlorine atoms can exist in the form of Cl-35 and Cl-37. So the three peaks will correspond to the following three possibilities of Cl2 (1+):
-> Cl-35 and Cl-37
-> Cl-35 and Cl-35
-> Cl 37 and Cl-37
exactly........

Reaction score
Is it C? I think Cl-35 Cl-37 and Cl-37 Cl-35 shall show as the same peak. The mass spectrometre measures the mass-to-charge ratio of Cl2 molecules, not Cl atoms.
Hmm, u r right...
:)
I admit my mistake there:)

Reaction score
alright thanks man...n btw...the only other kinds of bonds broken by UV light are between halogens rite?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
please help me with chemistry paper 3 . i'm having problems in moles calculations and over all paper 3 ... please help

Reaction score
may i ask ....hw did u prepare for ur chem paper....i mean any good book u'd like to suggest...or were u simply dependent upon past paper practice and ur teacher's notes......wats the best way....??
Just practise and one important thing i will tell you p.m me ;)