• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yar i am a little depressed. can you please give me any tips. apart from 2013 past papers and chemistry coursebook what else should i do in these three days.
yar, revise notes, revise organic part most imp.!! do cram inorganic parts....en one more thing!!! wo practical wala page jo practical paper main given hota hai!! cations anions ka!!!! do give it a look

Reaction score
hey guys
how are u all ?
i need a help in http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w12_qp_23.pdf
Q1 B.iii) and C) __ Here i got a correct answer but with a different method , so would i take the full mark,and can u plz tell me how to solve it?
Q2 a,i) and b,i) __ explain it plz
Q4 all __explain it plz :)
Q5 a,i) __ is CH3CH(OH)CH=CH2 same as CH2=CHCH(OH)CH3 ?
Q5 a,iii)__ could u plz draw the structure ??
wish u all good luck
:)

Reaction score
If a reactions involves only solids, there will no Kc or Kp right?!!
Also what is the color of the flame, when burning an alkane and alkene.

To your first question, you are correct. To your second question, it depends on the alkane used but they burn with orangy colour, which turns into black as the hydrocarbon chain increases