• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi there, please type the answers next to the questions to make it easier to reply.

Q23. Products formed CH3CH2OH, CH3CH2COONa
% of CH3CH2OH = Mr of CH3CH2OH/(Mr of CH3CH2O- + Mr of CH3CH2COONa) x 100% = 46/(46+96) x 100% = 32.3%

Q30.
Statement 2: True
PV=nRT
n/V=P/RT
density =P/RT
Therefore, density is inversely proportional to T

Statement 3: False
Temperature should be in Kelvins not degree Celsius

Q40. Conditions for nucleophilic substitution of halogen (on halogen alkane) with NH2, is to heat the halogenalkane with conc NH3 in sealed tube.
Oh thanks but I meant q31 and not q30 :) the answer is B

Reaction score
Reaction score
the answer is C. it is very simple. The question says that the total mole is (2+x). expanding this would mean for P mole at equilibrium is (2-x) for R it is x which means mole for Q at equilibrium must be x ergo the answer is C.

No but the ans is B

Reaction score
No but the ans is B
I am terribly sorry. Here is the correct explanation. Hope this helps :)

equilibrium: x moles of R, therefore there must be 2x moles of Q (as the ratio of Q to R is still 2:1). P will be 2-2x moles (we subtract Q from P this time because P is the same as Q in equilibrium in this equation)
Add them up: x + 2x + 2 - 2x = x + 2 so B is the correct answer

Reaction score
Hi, please include the answers to make it easier for us to reply.

w03qp1

Q3. C6H12 + 9O2 --> 6CO2 + 6H2O
moles of H2O : moles of CO2
6:6

mass of H2O absorbed : mass of CO2 absorbed
6 x 18: 6 x 44
0.41:1

Q27. Butanol has the following structural isomers
View attachment 45007

2-Butanol has a chiral carbon, so it has two optical isomers. Total 5 isomers

Q27. Both are primary alcohols, both can be oxidised.
The first one is resistant to dehydration but not the second one.

Q40. Substance 2 is a ionic compound (high boiling point) , it would be found left in the distilling flask and not the distillate.

Can you please explain further more for the Q27? Can you also please draw (CH3)3CCH2OH? I thought it is a tertiary alcohol? And why is it resistant to dehydration but not the second one? Sorry! But Thank you so so much! Next time I will include answers in it :)

Reaction score
Metanoia , ZaqZainab , @ Every One :) , Could u Plz help me with this :D
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s05_qp_1.pdf

Q2..Answer B
Q13.Answer B>>>Why it is not Mg :confused: ??Mg is just beside Al , so i thought that it will have a similar Electronegativity as Mg.
Q15.Answer C>>>When H2SO4 acts as an acid and when it acts as an oxidizing agent?
Q31.Answer A>>>I know that this is simple, but i am always confused with this type,So is there any hint?? :)
Q32.Answer D
Q33.Answer B
Q40.Answer B

THNX in advance :D

Reaction score
Pentanol, C5H11OH, has four structural isomers that are primary alcohols.
How many of these primary alcohols contain a chiral carbon atom?
A0
B1
C2
D3

anyone ? thanks in advance