• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
the double bond can form between the carbon on which OH is atached and any adjacent carbon.
in (a) and (d) only one product as there is only one adjacent carbon to carbon on which OH is attached
in (b) if the double bond is formed between the 3rd and 2nd carbon then it will have 2 cis-trnas isomers. total 3 products.
in (c) again one product because both products will be same as the molecule is symetrical.
can you answer 39 of that paper too
i dont understand how 2 is wrong

Reaction score
but what if you don't know anything in paper? o_O if you study some pages of books it would be more sensible than this suggestion sir :)

Study a few of those commonly asked questions, yes. But not at the expense of sacrificing sleep before the exam day.

Rather have proper sleep and remember 50%, then cramp info and forgo sleep and just retain 20%.

Reaction score
Study a few of those commonly asked questions, yes. But not at the expense of sacrificing sleep before the exam day.

Rather have proper sleep and remember 50%, then cramp info and forgo sleep and just retain 20%.
yeah! minimum 6 hours sleep is imp otherwise our biological clock will be disturbed :p

Reaction score
Reaction score
What will react differently with the two isomeric alcohols, (CH3)3CCH2OH and
(CH3)2CHCH2CH2OH?
A acidified aqueous potassium manganate(VII)
B concentrated sulfuric acid
C phosphorus pentachloride
D sodium

Reaction score
i don't sleep before a paper not even an hour :p like today night no sleep
oh cmon guys!! sleep is needed.. your brain need rest after sleep you feel fresh but jo soya nahi wo ese hi thaka hua lagta he and dimag bhi thak jata hai... and even more our biological clock starts to get disturb so i prefer to sleep :p

Reaction score
(CH3)2CHCH2CH2OH?
D sodium

Reaction score
(CH3)2CHCH2CH2OH?
D sodium

The first alcohol will not be able to dehydrated by conc H2SO4

Reaction score
oh cmon guys!! sleep is needed.. your brain need rest after sleep you feel fresh but jo soya nahi wo ese hi thaka hua lagta he and dimag bhi thak jata hai... and even more our biological clock starts to get disturb so i prefer to sleep :p
I take a bath a cold bath before leaving home for exam refreshes me and then after coming back from exam i sleep for a long time
i dont have a biological clock :ROFLMAO: