• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How many marks u think u will lose?
I will lose 3 marks in organic, 4 marks in enthalpy and 3 marks in question 1
Oh yeah i totally forgot u did today's paper also! .... Oh apart from that, paper was good? What gt u expect?
Only mistake i know for sure so far is 2 marks in OC .... Didn't know reaction between -NH2 and acid

Reaction score
Oh yeah i totally forgot u did today's paper also! .... Oh apart from that, paper was good? What gt u expect?
Only mistake i know for sure so far is 2 marks in OC .... Didn't know reaction between -NH2 and acid
Ahan, I made mistake there as well, also in the reasoning of optical isomer.. :p
Yeah I will get 50 something.. lets see... Ohho, just 1 mark mistake till now <3 Good... <3
I guess gt will be around 45 to 48 :)

Reaction score
Ahan, I made mistake there as well, also in the reasoning of optical isomer.. :p
Yeah I will get 50 something.. lets see... Ohho, just 1 mark mistake till now <3 Good... <3
I guess gt will be around 45 to 48 :)
2 marks ... Didn't know the reagent AND molecule X ... What is the answer to that anyway?
Where u lost in ques 1? And reasoning for why it doesn't have a geometrical isomer right?
Do u remember the question where they'd asked about the electro negativity difference ... Was that the bond between atoms or the intermolecular force?

Reaction score
2 marks ... Didn't know the reagent AND molecule X ... What is the answer to that anyway?
Where u lost in ques 1? And reasoning for why it doesn't have a geometrical isomer right?
Do u remember the question where they'd asked about the electro negativity difference ... Was that the bond between atoms or the intermolecular force?
guys can anyone pm me the answers of question 1? parts after the table....
Q1 was in silly mistake, I just wrote permanant dipole dipole forgot to mention about van der waals forces in HCl. (n)
It was peptide sth... thts what my sir could say on what information i gave to him :p

Making convo guys to discuss paper..

Reaction score
The reagent was propanoic acid. X is an amide. (ch3)2nhcoch2ch3

Reaction score
I
I was hoping for more numericals. Why no moles or kc or kp.:cry:
I could lose marks in explainations. The key words and all. For question 1, I had written Van der Waals so many times I was bored of it myself.
I have the exact same problem Farheen... :(
I used temporary induced term, non polar term, permant dipole term and stuffs.. Hope so I dont lose marks there...
I pray for us to get good grade.. :)

Reaction score
Were we supposed to specify under standard conditions/states when they asked for enthalpy change of reaction? Because they didn't say STANDARD enthalpy change of reaction
And what did you guys say for electronegativity definition?

Note: why would they expect us to say propanoic acid for reaction 2 (to form X) when you're just going to hydrolyse it to form propanoic acid again?

Reaction score
Were we supposed to specify under standard conditions/states when they asked for enthalpy change of reaction? Because they didn't say STANDARD enthalpy change of reaction
And what did you guys say for electronegativity definition?

Note: why would they expect us to say propanoic acid for reaction 2 (to form X) when you're just going to hydrolyse it to form propanoic acid again?
I honestly don't know, but it seems like the only reaction to fit. Its maybe got to do with the yield.
Electronegativity is the ability of an element to attract a shared pair of electrons to itself in covalent bond.

Reaction score
Guys, I just took the paper yesterday, what exactly is the contaminant in carbonaceous fuels again?
Also, what reagent to reduce carboxylic acid to primary alcohol? NaBH4 or H2/Ni can? Because I heard it's LiAlH4..
And the reaction between Al2O3 with HCl can form Al2Cl6 or not ya? Some said it was AlCl3 only..
I wonder if acyl chloride is also a possible reagent for making the amide?

Sorry for retarded questions.. First post.. xD