• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

I'm not sure why I am unable to attach diagrams at this moment..
Q11
Answer: C
A reaction with autocatalysts will start off relatively slow.The rate of reaction will increase due to the production of catalysts. After a peak, the rate of reaction will decrease when the concentration of reactants are used up.

Q23
Answer: A
Sulfuric acid will hydrolyse the ester bond and create a COOH group.
The C=C double bonds in the molecules will be hydrogenated.
The COOH bond will NOT be reduced to an alcohol by the hydrogen, that would actually require LiAlH4.

Q30
Answer: B
Esterification of the both OH groups with two COOH groups (1 from each molecule of ethanoic acid)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bond dissociation energy is a measurement of the strength of the covalent bond holding the atoms together within the molecules, and not the measurement of the strength of the bond among molecules.
can u clarify it more I'm still confused :/

Reaction score
Hey I need help in the Mcq paper 11 for chemistry which I'm gonna write on Wednesday 7th June if anyone writes it before 5am gmt pls share the question paper or the questions which come in it its a deep request someone pls help..it would be a huge favor for me.. Thanks.. Reply asap of anyone sees this msg
listen
1. If you look at the top of this page, there is a notice telling you not to disscuss about the paper 24 HOUR after the exam, IF you do you will be BANNED
2.You have to consider everyone's effort here man, everyone of us is working hard, Just work hard, and good luck, cheating is a sin BTW!

Reaction score
Ans is B. And no it is not the same thing. Cis trans isomerism is due to "restricted rotation" of Pi bond over Sigma bond, that is the reason they are cis trans "isomers". The only difference in B and D is that B is trans and D is cis. We need to identify the "trans" so that is B. (Both B and D are optically active due to presence of chiral carbon. But only B is trans)

Reaction score
View attachment 62421 View attachment 62422
Help in both please! Also if you guys need March 2017 p1, i have it.
Could you plz send it to me??? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

36. is A ONLY NaBr and NaI are oxidised when reacted with dil H2SO4, NaCL is too strong to be oxidised
37 is B I suppose? Find 'n' from PV=NRT to find the gas with the least moles!

hope that helps :)