• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The Haber process for the manufacture of ammonia is represented by the following equation
N2
(g) + 3H
(g) 2NH(g) *H = –92kJmol

Which statement is correct about this reaction when the temperature is increased?
A Both forward and backward rates increase.
B The backward rate only increases.
C The forward rate only increases.
D There is no effect on the backward or forward rate.

y the answer is A instead of B ?

Reaction score
The Haber process for the manufacture of ammonia is represented by the following equation
N2
(g) + 3H
(g) 2NH(g) *H = –92kJmol

Which statement is correct about this reaction when the temperature is increased?
A Both forward and backward rates increase.
B The backward rate only increases.
C The forward rate only increases.
D There is no effect on the backward or forward rate.

y the answer is A instead of B ?
because they are talking about RATE. the rate ALWAYS increases with temperature and in both directions :)

Reaction score
hi
i have some doubts
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s07_qp_1.pdf
q no. 3 why A it should be B
q 12
q26 can anybody explain it please
q32 why its C graphite contains only vanderwaals force
it cant be B because atoms CAN be split into subatomic particles.. (remmeber frm physics ;))
C
Q26..
it has to be a tertiary alcohol as it doesn't react wid MnO4- ..... chiral carbon so we need three differnt groups... (the general formula shows dat there are no C+C either)
draw it out n u'll see the best way will be to have a central C wid one -OH grp, one methyl, one ethyl and one propyl grp attatched... thus 7 atoms required :)

Reaction score
it cant be B because atoms CAN be split into subatomic particles.. (remmeber frm physics ;))
C
Q26..
it has to be a tertiary alcohol as it doesn't react wid MnO4- ..... chiral carbon so we need three differnt groups... (the general formula shows dat there are no C+C either)
draw it out n u'll see the best way will be to have a central C wid one -OH grp, one methyl, one ethyl and one propyl grp attatched... thus 7 atoms required :)
thank you so much... but why in Q 12 its B ,i always know that ALCL3 is the compound that can act as ionic and covalent

Reaction score
thank you so much... but why in Q 12 its B ,i always know that ALCL3 is the compound that can act as ionic and covalent
ur welcum :)
yes! it IS AlCl3 that acts as ionic and covalent... i think i wrote C dere... or must b a typos >.< sorry...