• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
X is the oxide of a Period 3 element. X reacts with water to give an acidic solution.
A solution is prepared by reacting 0.100g of X with excess water. This solution was neutralised
by exactly 25.0cm3
of 0.100moldm–3 sodium hydroxide solution.
What could be the identity of X?
A Al 2O3 B MgO C P4O10 D SO3

Need help with this
Acidic oxide of period 3 means its either A, C, D
When so3 is dissolved in water it forms h2so4
H2so4 + 2naoh = na2so4 + 2h2o
note the mole ration of acid to base is 1: 2

Moles of naoh = concentration x volume
0.1 x 25/1000
= 2.5x10^-3
0.100g of x means that if its so3 then
mole = 0.100/16x3 +32
= 1.25x10^-3
which is exactly half
hence ans is D
hope it helps<3

Reaction score
Acidic oxide of period 3 means its either A, C, D
When so3 is dissolved in water it forms h2so4
H2so4 + 2naoh = na2so4 + 2h2o
note the mole ration of acid to base is 1: 2

Moles of naoh = concentration x volume
0.1 x 25/1000
= 2.5x10^-3
0.100g of x means that if its so3 then
mole = 0.100/16x3 +32
= 1.25x10^-3
which is exactly half
hence ans is D
hope it helps<3
Thank you soo much

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this question, it will be great help if anyone can me understand this question
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 8.24.14 AM.png

Reaction score
Hello guys..so i found out tht this page is so helpful n the people in here are so f(x)..so i wnt to share something..me n my friends back in my college have a whatsapp group called “Dr. thinker”...most of us in there are A level students..n there are a lot of genius people in there..imagine u ask a question in the group, get a respond within 4 minutes (average)..i literally send my the questions idk how to answer in the group..n i love to read the debate n discussions in the group...so u guys are welcome but bear in mind tht the group is strictly for education purposes, no advertising or whtsoevr..trust me the group will only ring ur phone for something tht will worth your time..n please speak in english..we have engineering n accounting students in there..so basically u can ask anything..be polite n serious..so here’s the link
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GUVCDHkNyvgDSV1uQljswk ..you’re welcome
Hey, can you send the Group link again? It has been reset I think.

Reaction score
Compound X contains the elements C, H and O only.
2.00 g of X produces 4.00 g of carbon dioxide and 1.63 g of water when completely combusted.
What is the empirical formula of X?
A CHO2 B C2H2O C C2H4O D CH2O2

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME OUTTT

Reaction score
hi all friends how are you i am new here and :) good to here and i want to know where to learn german in hong kong because i live in hong kong

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need to consider

Fe3+ + e --> Fe2+ E= +0.77
V2+ + 2e --> V

2Fe2+ + V --> 2Fe2+ + V2+

Fe3+ + e --> Fe2+
V3+ + e --> V2+

Fe3+ + V2+ --> V3+ + Fe2+

Fe3+ + e --> Fe2+
VO2+ + 2H+ + e --> V3+ + H2O

Fe3+ + V3+ +H2O --> 2H+ + VO2+ + Fe2+

Now you can see that for the conversion of V to VO2+, you need 4Fe3+ which yield 4Fe2+. Combining the equations, you get this:

4Fe3+ + V3+ H2O --> 2H+ VO2+ + 4Fe2+
which year this question

Reaction score
Hi everyone, AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your CHEMISTRY doubts in this thread. InshaAllah members around will help you.

Any Chemistry related notes and links will be added here in this post. Feel free to provide the links to your notes around the forum, or any other websites!

Chemistry Notes:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk This is the website, which contains almost everything classified according to the syllabus.

Tips for solving chemistry MCQs 9701/01

Chemistry P5 Tips and Notes

Some links & Notes - by 'destined007'

Chemistry worksheets Link shared by hassam

Chemistry Application Booklet: Mistakes and Corrections!

Calculations for A level Chemistry, author E.N. Ramsden third edition ebook download.

Regards,
XPC Staff.
Can any one plz send me the chapter end questions and answers of As and A level chemistry 3rd edition?