• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Flask X contains 5 dm3 of helium at 12 kPa pressure and flask Y contains 10 dm3 of neon at 6 kPa
pressure.
If the flasks are connected at constant temperature, what is the final pressure?
A 8 kPa B 9 kPa C 10 kPa D 11 kPa

Ans is A ??
aoa wr wb!

use this eqn:

P1V1 = P2V2

5 x 12 + 6 x 10 = (10 + 5) x p
p =8

Reaction score
-Start backwards. It saves time.
-Use process of elimination. You may not know what is correct, but you might know what is wrong, so don't worry about those options and focus on the others. (Especially useful in the last 10 questions)
-Use trial and error. Where possible, plug in the values from answers, and work the equation backwards to figure out which one is correct.
thankyoou!!
I loved the last tip! gonna try it.
and I always start the paper back words :D

Reaction score
Kimmi pls try ths ques.:/

A monomer undergoes addition polymerization.A 1 mol sample of the monomer is completely polymerized.
How many moles of polymer might , theoretically, be formed?
1. 1
2. 10^-6
3. 1/ 6.02*10^23 (1/ Avogadro's cons.)

the ans is C, cox 1 is nt the ans.
but hw cum the ans are 2 &3 ?? :eek:

Reaction score
When ethanal, CH3CHO, reacts with HCN and the organic product is hydrolysed by aqueous
acid, organic compound Y is formed.
When propanal, C2H5CHO, is heated under reflux with acidified potassium dichromate(VI),
organic compound Z is formed.
What is the difference in relative molecular mass of compounds Y and Z?
A 12 B 14 C 16 D 17

how is it C ?

Reaction score
Moreover if you google images of bromine vapour -you can see it's reddish brown not purple
nopes..i knew that...!

i don't know what's wrong :eek: i downloaded these papers before the site update..and the ms i have says its D :eek:

check the attachment..

Attachments

• 9701_w10_ms_12.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 7