• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For R-COCl it is the easiest as the carbon atom attached to Cl is Extremely +ve beascause of the polar C--O bond and C--CL bond, both Cl and O are highly electronegative elements
For RCL only one electronegative element and there are no other interactions with it
So R-COCl is easier to hydrolyse right?
Thanks. :)

Reaction score
It's official. I'm screwed. I have forgotten everything. The one subject I had hopes of getting an A* in now see's me trying to just reach to an A, and even that seems like a huge task. FML.

Good luck, everyone!
you wont ,trust me you have that feeling before an exam and you do good in it .I have the same feeling too.

Reaction score

920033_10203862680187189_8692860253319592178_o.jpg

Reaction score
It's official. I'm screwed. I have forgotten everything. The one subject I had hopes of getting an A* in now see's me trying to just reach to an A, and even that seems like a huge task. FML.

Good luck, everyone!

Do not worry! You are not alone :D! Nah... just kidding, we will do fine! Usually the best chemists struggle the most, simply because they know the most!

Reaction score
Do not worry! You are not alone :D! Nah... just kidding, we will do fine! Usually the best chemists struggle the most, simply because they know the most!

The fact that my exam is in 2 hours or so and I don't know applications speaks volumes

Reaction score
n=(100/1.1)(0.3/9)
where n is the total number of Carbon atoms :)

Thank you mate, but what if instead of the relative heights something perhaps like abundance is given in percentage, how will the equation change to satisfy this scenario?
Thank you in advance