• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hydrogen bonding cannot form between H and Cl. The difference in electronegativity isn't that high to allow a very strong hydrogen bond to form. In addition to that, HCl is non-polar; it has induced dipole forces of attraction.
HCl is a polar molecules. H has a partial positive charge while Cl has a partial negative charge since chlorine is highly electronegative compared to hydrogen. The force between HCl molecules is permanent dipole attraction. Not induced dipole forces.

Reaction score
Hey,
Can anyone please help me out with the following question-:

upload_2014-12-2_13-34-53.png

upload_2014-12-2_13-35-31.png

The b) (ii) part is doubt^

I don't get how to draw the structure when the diol with carboxylic acid will react with the carboxylic acid...

The question is from summer 2009 first variant paper 2 question 4 b) (ii)

Thanks a tonne!!:)

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me if we write 4s and then 3d in group 4 elements like Ge,Sn and Pb or do we write 3d or the other way?

Confused please help
Thanks

Reaction score
HCl is a polar molecules. H has a partial positive charge while Cl has a partial negative charge since chlorine is highly electronegative compared to hydrogen. The force between HCl molecules is permanent dipole attraction. Not induced dipole forces.
Why is the Ionic Radius of transition elements invariant?

Reaction score
hi guys,
i want a lvl chem past papers of 1996 if any1 have it plz upload it soon.
according to my knowledge kgs library contains it.

Reaction score
The ratio of volume of gases is the ratio of their moles
So 1:3:1:1:1 is the ratio shown by the equation but the ratio given is 1:6
therefore 30cm of O2 will be used leaving the excess (30cm)
and we get 10 cm of CO2, h20 nd SO2 makes a total of 6o. But since the mixture is cooled, h20 will convert into water and so the remaining volume will be 50.

Reaction score
The ratio of volume of gases is the ratio of their moles
So 1:3:1:1:1 is the ratio shown by the equation but the ratio given is 1:6
therefore 30cm of O2 will be used leaving the excess (30cm)
and we get 10 cm of CO2, h20 nd SO2 makes a total of 6o. But since the mixture is cooled, h20 will convert into water and so the remaining volume will be 50.
Thanks.