• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry practical 32 discussion

Reaction score
I have got:
FB5 is H2SO4
FB6 is CrO32-
FB7 is BaCl2
FB8 is Pb2+

Is that right???????

i'm not entirely sure whats rite but frm wat i remember i got the same for FB5 and FB6 and the rest were also somewhat similar to yours too

Reaction score
one more thing to ask...what did u write as the other thing which lowers ur confidence of the concentration of FeCl3 and the rate.oxidation and reduction was already given so i wrote neutralisation reaction LOL athough i know its wrong.Does any one knows the correct answer for the name of this reaction????

Reaction score
one more thing to ask...what did u write as the other thing which lowers ur confidence of the concentration of FeCl3 and the rate.oxidation and reduction was already given so i wrote neutralisation reaction LOL athough i know its wrong.Does any one knows the correct answer for the name of this reaction????
for me, because the part was talking about thiosulfate ions, and how they reduce, so i thought about Fe3+ get reduced to Fe2+ by thiosulfate ions., donno whether rigtht or wrong. but it makes sense because the examiners said it in the same part, so obviously i have to use the fact that thiosulfate ions are reducing agents.

Reaction score

Well i didnt mention a name did it say so in the question to say a name i dont really remember.. but what i did write was that the thiosulfate ions will react with the iron(II) ions and that will affect our results and another person from my centre wrote exactly the same and we think it is correct.