• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry practical 32 discussion

Reaction score
how was the practical???what was the decrease in concentration of iron(iii)chloride?i got 1.67*10^3
or were we meant to subtract it?

Reaction score
Yes . Mines was 0.0483 moldm^-3 . How was the paper overall ? it was an exact replicate of w2012 variant 35 :O

Reaction score
i got the decrease in iron concentration 9.14x10^-5, how did u get ur results ?

Reaction score
gyes i got the concentration as 1.67 *10^3 for the concentration.if this is wrong then my wrong next question and the graph will also get wrong/how much marks will i lose...any idea?i didnot substract it from 0.05 becuz otherwise the rate would have gone to 1000 so i was confused.

Reaction score
Yes . Mines was 0.0483 moldm^-3 . How was the paper overall ? it was an exact replicate of w2012 variant 35 :O
so was your rate coming in 1000s .i didnt subtract the answer from 0.05.r u sure of yr answer

Reaction score
so was your rate coming in 1000s .i didnt subtract the answer from 0.05.r u sure of yr answer
yes,quite sure . and they were in 1400 1600 , till 2000.
I'm not very sure if we can discuss the paper right now though xD

Reaction score
lol dude that's way too high..2000 mol.dm-3 per second?!
i doubt it. they even said we would have to use a value around 2.25 x10-3 if we don't get the answer. 0.0485 is way too high.
i think if we had to subtract it from something they would also tell us to use the information shown opposite along with use the answer in (iii)

Reaction score
lol dude that's way too high..2000 mol.dm-3 per second?!
i doubt it. they even said we would have to use a value around 2.25 x10-3 if we don't get the answer. 0.0485 is way too high.
i think if we had to subtract it from something they would also tell us to use the information shown opposite along with use the answer in (iii)
What was your value then ?

Reaction score
my decrease was 0.00167..i have a feeling i messed up though.
my rates ranged from around 0.000113 to like 0.000180. i found it kinda hard to believe that it would decrease by THAT much in one second so i stuck with those values.

Reaction score
There's no other way to do it . I dont believe its wrong , because some people at my centre got the same answer. Anyhow , let's say its wrong , how many marks would I lose?

Reaction score
Yea there was a guy who got your answer at my centre too. I think you'd lose a max of 1-2 marks. Even if you took the value they gave you and you weren't able to calculate it you'd only lose a max of 2 and here there's an actual attempt so yea. My answer is probably wrong though. Story of my life haha.

Reaction score
I don't think they're too low. It took around 89 seconds for the blue black colour to appear with 20 cm3 of FB1. If it was gonna decrease by around 2000 it wouldn't take 89 seconds /:

Reaction score
i was unable to get a correct decrease in concentration so i used the one they gave us...how many marks would i loose??:/

Reaction score
that's tooo high ! in our centre it ranged from 25 to 35 and 35 was the maximum . I personally got 25 . its very concentrated so this would take less time then the 10cm^3 one . What did you get for that then :O

Reaction score
that's tooo high ! in our centre it ranged from 25 to 35 and 35 was the maximum . I personally got 25 . its very concentrated so this would take less time then the 10cm^3 one . What did you get for that then :O
people at my centre got around the same times.
for the second experiment a couple of guys and i all got 126 seconds. DAFUQ. :|