• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Practical (Paper 33)

Reaction score
So how was the practical guys? I didn't do so bad. Was just average although i did get enough time to finish the whole paper.
Just wanted to ask that i drew both the table's of titration and the dehydration one with a lead pencil. So will they give me marks for that as in check it or will they just leave it? I hope they do check those tables. Please help me out on this one. Really tensed if they would or would not check those tables. =(

Reaction score
Which titration are you people talking about??? Na2S2O3 wali titration ki baat kar rahay ho???:-/

Reaction score
The only tritation that came in the practical. yes that is what we are talking about.

Reaction score
Are u serious guys.... i we got 4.5cm3! All of us, in my center!! :-(

Reaction score
my titre value was also v low.. it was 6.40 ...
it was in da ques tht when it just goes colorless.. i guess this meant tht it ll go colorless nd then regain its color but v have to write the value at which it firs goes colorless.. i think

Reaction score
Edifier said:
Just wanted to ask that i drew both the table's of titration and the dehydration one with a lead pencil. So will they give me marks for that as in check it or will they just leave it?

My teacher had always told us "You can make the table layout with a Lead Pencil but you have to write in the values and any text within the table with a Pen, otherwise the examiners won't give you marks for your table"

He could be wrong, but that is the right procedure to make a table though.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
in the solution F8 question we had to write ionic equation in which zinc displaces Cu from its salt solution!
it was
Zn(s) + Cu^+2(aq) =======> Zn^+2 + Cu(s)

and when we added water the copper metal settled at the bottom of the test tube!

Reaction score
what were we supposed to see when we add conc HCl to FA8 and zen add water..?

Reaction score
My teacher said it was supposed to be between 20.5 to 21.0
And between 4 to 5 is like really really low isnt it.
Anyways i got 20.2 to 20.3 and if the reading was supposed to be between 20.5 to 21.0 how many marks would i get?
This practical is freaking me out. =/

Reaction score
Well if your teacher said it then your answer has to be correct! :-(

Reaction score
I hope you guys read the question properly?
These were the steps.

1.You had to first add FA1 in the burette.
2. Then pippette 25cm3 of FA2 in the flask
3. plus add 10cm3 of Hydrogen Iodide in the flask
4. and 10cm3 of Hydrogen Iodate aswell.

After that a reddish-brown colour appears in the flask which you have to make it colourless by adding the FA1 from the burrette.

Were these the exact steps that you guys followed?

Reaction score
yeah... we read the instructions too! ;-)
and we got low value...:-S