• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Unit 6B 15.05.2013!! June 2013

Reaction score
It was really difficult. None of the people in our centre said it was easy... :(

Reaction score
i guess the paper style was different yeah? The nmr questions stuffed me up!
what did you get for the activation energy? and the colour of a nickel complex in excess ammonia can be written as violet right?

Reaction score
i guess the paper style was different yeah? The nmr questions stuffed me up!
what did you get for the activation energy? and the colour of a nickel complex in excess ammonia can be written as violet right?

Hahaha the nmr was the worst. For the activation energy i got +8.23 x 10-3 J mol-1 K-1 , 10-3 or 10-4 i can't remember but something like that , and the nickle complex in excess ammonia forms blue solution

Reaction score
what were the orders supposed to be ? So many had different answers, some of us got half orders. I got 1/2 order for glucose and sulphuric acid and for Kmno4 as 1st order

Reaction score
Glucose was 0 order, the other two were first order
can someone tell me abt the nmr question? what were your answers?
oh and also the answers to the final question

Reaction score
It was lonnnggg! I was writing till the last second -_-
And i was writing till the last millisecond .plz can some1 tell how many marks were alloted for 2nd question and what was yellow solution in the nickel question.I could only write upto recrystal for the last question what do u think will i get the mark

Reaction score
For the nickel question I think it was [NiCL4]2- . For the very last question it is recrystillisation