• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry V1 (discussion)

Reaction score
That's not a polymer !!
nonononono Im not talking about the polymer question but the question where it said what are the homolouguous or functional groups present in this compound and it was similar to this..... (Not sure which on it was.....)

Reaction score
nonononono Im not talking about the polymer question but the question where it said what are the homolouguous or functional groups present in this compound and it was similar to this..... (Not sure which on it was.....)
Yes it was carboxylic acid and alkene.
Which functional group does this contain ^^

Reaction score
Why is the answer to the salt and acid question D?? It can be C as well right as at C there is some salt formed and there is still acid left that is neutralising the thing more.....and then so on...

Reaction score
yea 31 overall in chem
36 overall in physics
25 overall in bio (maybe less)
about 7 in maths
english 40 marks(impossible)!!

Im really sorry I can calculate for math phys bio but english its different and I did not take english and what about chem and could u tell what u got in like paper1 and paper3 and paper 6 of each subject coz they have different weightnings.....

Reaction score
Why is the answer to the salt and acid question D?? It can be C as well right as at C there is some salt formed and there is still acid left that is neutralising the thing more.....and then so on...
I did the same :(

Reaction score
What is the final answer till now about the functional group question and the polymer question?

Reaction score
What is the final answer till now about the functional group question and the polymer question?
No one knows..
And about the acid C was before pH 7 so there was still some alkali to neutralize..

Reaction score
Oh..I just thought about it now and it should be D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
because there is salt formed + the excess acid :censored:
Should I suicide :(
Lost 4 marks till now

Reaction score
Im really sorry I can calculate for math phys bio but english its different and I did not take english and what about chem and could u tell what u got in like paper1 and paper3 and paper 6 of each subject coz they have different weightnings.....
ok
1)Bio....p1=39-40
p6=55
p3=about 65
2)maths....p4=only 4 mistakes
p2=about 1-2 mistakes
3)phy.....p1=38-39
p6=about 55
p3=about 58
4)chemistry
p1=36-37
p3=about 70
p6=about 51

plz grade me now!

Reaction score
ok
1)Bio....p1=39-40
p6=55
p3=about 65
p2=about 1-2 mistakes
3)phy.....p1=38-39
p6=about 55
p3=about 58
4)chemistry
p1=36-37
p3=about 70
p6=about 51

plz grade me now!

Believe me those are A* if you are pretty sure those are the only marks you lost

Reaction score
No one knows..
And about the acid C was before pH 7 so there was still some alkali to neutralize..

but the question asked when there is acid and salt present not excess acid, therefore, C has the salt and it also has some acid as the neutralisation is still going on....and the acid that is there is reacting with the alkali that is present as well.....

Reaction score
but the question asked when there is acid and salt present not excess acid, therefore, C has the salt and it also has some acid as the neutralisation is still going on....and the acid that is there is reacting with the alkali that is present as well.....
The acid was added to tha alkali not the opposite...
So,at C the ph was above 7 the solution was slightly alkaline...

Reaction score
listen are u 100% sure that the letter c was above 7 or below? If C was below then thats teh answer. but when u think abt it, D was on the straight line, meaning the reaction didnt start yet. So no salt wud have been present in D

Reaction score
ok
1)Bio....p1=39-40
p6=55
p3=about 65
p2=about 1-2 mistakes
3)phy.....p1=38-39
p6=about 55
p3=about 58
4)chemistry
p1=36-37
p3=about 70
p6=about 51

plz grade me now!

chem = 175/200
Phys is 168/200 but paper 6 was not out of 60 marks, but only 40....
Maths = 190/200 (Not entirely sure about this one :( )
Bio = 187/200

Reaction score
listen are u 100% sure that the letter c was above 7 or below? If C was below then thats teh answer. but when u think abt it, D was on the straight line, meaning the reaction didnt start yet. So no salt wud have been present in D
C was clearly above ph 7 by 0.5 cm or so..
To get the correct answer you should know which reagent was added..
The acide was added to the alkali
So the pH decrease from 12 till it becomes acidic..