• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry V1 (discussion)

Reaction score
The acid was added to tha alkali not the opposite...
So,at C the ph was above 7 the solution was slightly alkaline...

no not really coz C was a little under the line....(pH 7) but there cannot be 2 answers so yeah I think its D :(:(:(:(:(:(
I lost 4 marks in total until now D:

Reaction score
I never read anything about polymer, he said to which homolgus series does this compound belong
The question started:
PVA is a polymer.Its monomer is shown below.
To which compound does this compound belong?
Lets wait ^^

Reaction score
The question started:
Lets wait ^^

ok you just said PVA is a polymer, so its monomer does polymerize, which means the answer none of alkene and alcohol is wrong. because the double bond is broken and the polymer is formed.

Reaction score
The question started:
Lets wait ^^

Yea its monomer was shown below and the monomer can have both the polymer cannot have both.....

Reaction score
How can a polymer belong to alkenes if saturated?
Again lets wait :)
It won't make a difference.

Reaction score
How can a polymer belong to alkenes if saturated?
Again lets wait :)
It won't make a difference.

Yea I guess we just have to wait but the question was asking and talking about the monomer of the polymer.....not the polymer itself.....

Reaction score
I am almost sure that Alcohol is wrong
but I said that it is alkene only because:
1-Addition polymerization is about linking monomers of Alkene to form poly alkene
2-There is a monomer called Vinyl chloride and it's polymer is called Polyvinyl chloride (PVC as an abbreviation) and it is mentioned in our syllabus ..... The only difference between PVC and PVA is that PVC have Cl instead of the OH of PVA
3-In a past test they said that alcohols can't be polymerized

Still not sure if Alkene only or non :unsure:

Reaction score
1-Addition polymerization is about linking monomers of Alkene to form poly alkene
2-There is a monomer called Vinyl chloride and it's polymer is called Polyvinyl chloride (PVC as an abbreviation) and it is mentioned in our syllabus ..... The only difference between PVC and PVA is that PVC have Cl instead of the OH of PVA

Maybe but if they were asking about the polymer..Alkene is impossible..Polymer can't belong to alkene since it is saturated..Maybe alcohol only or none at all..

Reaction score

they were asking about the monomer, and alcohols can polymerise who said they couldnt?? I mean polyesters.....even though condensation polymerisation is not in the syllabus they might have given it like 1 year they asked about the salt bridge in an MCQ....

Reaction score
Look as I remember the question was saying that PVA is a polymer made of monomer shown below which is CH2==CHOH
Yeah then to which homologus series does this compound belong to..
Again,won't make any difference when until the ms are published,won't make any difference now..

Reaction score
Yeah then to which homologus series does this compound belong to..
Again,won't make any difference when until the ms are published,won't make any difference now..

it belongs to a completely different homologuous series not alkenes and not alcohols, but it has both of their functional groups.....