• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry V1 (discussion)

Reaction score
no there was 24% oxygen whereas on earth its only 20%....so its oxygen and Co2 yr right..... I put only CO2 that was such a silly mistake D:
yea same I forgot it's 20%...also question 3 I chose the wrong answer.....maybe also I thnk I did PVA polymer wrong I chose both......wbu?
Also plz go to the threas I posted yesterday where I posted my expected mistakes...plz grade me there...

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
for the polymer question, many say that its neither an alcohol nor an alkene. why? alcohols cant polymerise; there were questions in the past which ask whether they polymerise or not. And alkenes are hydrocarbons, meaning containing only H and C. The monomer had O also so....

Reaction score
*It was about the diffusion diagram [C]
*.It was about seperating zinc carbonate from a mixture with water [ Filtration]
*It was nearly the same as this
tLwch5.jpg
..The answer was P,Q,R,S

*.Element X has a proton number 18..Element Z has one more electron shell
*It was P2Q exactly the same as Sodium oxide ( Na2O)
*The point at which both an acid and salt are present was D..Since neutralization is over so all OH ions were neutralized a salt and excess acid are left
*There was a question about neutralization and endothermic it was only neutralixation.
*Oxidation reactive was V2O3---->V2O5
*Properties of titanium..All except low density..
*.The one about electroplating negative and graphite.
*.About iron and its extraction..Iron is harder to extract since it is more reactive.
*.The composition of the planet was Oxygen and carbondioxide.
*.The flammable gas was Hydrogen and metal was zinc.
*.There was a question about methane gas and its burning..It was methane-carbon monoxide-carbon dioxide.
*-Fertilizer was that with N,P,K
*-The gas which is denser than air and unreactive was D.
*-Oxygen was used to make steel.
*-The substance which neutralized the acidic air was lime.
*.Organic:
--The one which had the least carbon was this with boiling point up to 70.
--Fermentationof glucose.
-There was this one regarding functional groups.
--The one regarding PVA.

Reaction score
for the polymer question, many say that its neither an alcohol nor an alkene. why? alcohols cant polymerise; there were questions in the past which ask whether they polymerise or not. And alkenes are hydrocarbons, meaning containing only H and C. The monomer had O also so....
Check this
qOMduR.jpg

Y8Dd2x.jpg

Reaction score
exactly they dont polymerise
And since a polymer is saturated then neither of them !It was asking about HOMOLOGUS SERIES not functional group..
Homologus series have same functional group and also same general formula.
The monomer shown was absolutely not an alcohol.
In alcohols for each Carbon atom there is 2n 1 So if it had 2 carbons there should be 5 hydrogens to be an alcohol.

Reaction score
And since a polymer is saturated then neither of them !It was asking about HOMOLOGUS SERIES not functional group..
Homologus series have same functional group and also same general formula.
The monomer shown was absolutely not an alcohol.
In alcohols for each Carbon atom there is 2n 1 So if it had 2 carbons there should be 5 hydrogens to be an alcohol.
Array, how can they exist in both alcohols and alkenes' homologous series? I told u alkenes are hydro carbons and alcohols cant polymerise so that monomer is neither an alcohol and neither an alkene

Reaction score
*It was about the diffusion diagram [C]
*.It was about seperating zinc carbonate from a mixture with water [ Filtration]
*It was nearly the same as this
tLwch5.jpg
..The answer was P,Q,R,S

*.Element X has a proton number 18..Element Z has one more electron shell
*It was P2Q exactly the same as Sodium oxide ( Na2O)
*The point at which both an acid and salt are present was D..Since neutralization is over so all OH ions were neutralized a salt and excess acid are left
*There was a question about neutralization and endothermic it was only neutralixation.
*Oxidation reactive was V2O3---->V2O5
*Properties of titanium..All except low density..
*.The one about electroplating negative and graphite.
*.About iron and its extraction..Iron is harder to extract since it is more reactive.
*.The composition of the planet was Oxygen and carbondioxide.
*.The flammable gas was Hydrogen and metal was zinc.
*.There was a question about methane gas and its burning..It was methane-carbon monoxide-carbon dioxide.
*-Fertilizer was that with N,P,K
*-The gas which is denser than air and unreactive was D.
*-Oxygen was used to make steel.
*-The substance which neutralized the acidic air was lime.
*.Organic:
--The one which had the least carbon was this with boiling point up to 70.
--Fermentationof glucose.
-There was this one regarding functional groups.
--The one regarding PVA.

could u post the whole qp plz? Thx a lot !

Reaction score
could u post the whole qp plz? Thx a lot !
I dont have the QP when i have them i will post a thread..
Array, how can they exist in both alcohols and alkenes' homologous series? I told u alkenes are hydro carbons and alcohols cant polymerise so that monomer is neither an alcohol and neither an alkene
Exactly..That's wat i said here many times...
ethanol can polymerise to form polyesters......
It's a condeasation polymerization..Not an addition..
The monomer shown doesn't belong to alchol seires even though it has OH?
The general formula is completely irrelevant

Reaction score
I dont have the QP when i have them i will post a thread..

Exactly..That's wat i said here many times...

but alcohols can condesnsationally polymerise with carboxylic acids to form polyesters, when they have the functional group on both ends to form a long chain polyester....

Reaction score
but alcohols can condesnsationally polymerise with carboxylic acids to form polyesters, when they have the functional group on both ends to form a long chain polyester....
Condensation not addition...Condesation polymerization can't be included in p.1 since it is in the extended.
The general formula is completely irrelevant..
If you consider any OH is an aclohol,then NaOH is ?Alcohols are organic with the formula CnH2n+1OH

Reaction score
yea same I forgot it's 20%...also question 3 I chose the wrong answer.....maybe also I thnk I did PVA polymer wrong I chose both......wbu?
Also plz go to the threas I posted yesterday where I posted my expected mistakes...plz grade me there...

Thanks in advance!

Im not so sure myself :( Thats why I am asking others to grade me XD....

Chem:
Paper1:35/40
Paper3:68/80
Paper6:49/60

Phys:
Paper3:65/80
Paper6:35/40

Do u think I will get an A* with these grades??
Thx

Reaction score
Condensation not addition...Condesation polymerization can't be included in p.1 since it is in the extended.
The general formula is completely irrelevant..
If you consider any OH is an aclohol,then NaOH is ?Alcohols are organic with the formula CnH2n+1OH

hmm then Im not so sure.....but why cant it have condensation in the paper 1??

Reaction score
Im not so sure myself :( Thats why I am asking others to grade me XD....

Chem:
Paper3:68/80
Paper6:49/60

Phys:
Paper3:65/80
Paper6:35/40

Do u think I will get an A* with these grades??
Thx
Surely yes...cauz ur marks r approx like me....and many people said to me I'll take A*!

Reaction score
In this quesiton the answer is both alkene and alcohols.... (B) so the homologuous series can also be both......Untitled.png