• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Complete AS Biology Notes (P1 and P2)

Reaction score
I don't take physics sorry :/ Chemistry, at the moment all my notes are on paper, and since i have no scanner, it means I have to type them onto the computer which would take a while. I'm still unsure if I'll be able to upload them..

only the ones for P1 chem please .

Reaction score
Biology Notes.docx said:
1.The water in the root hairs crosses the cortex and enters the xylem. There are two ways, the apoplast and symplast method. Usually the symplast pathway is chosen. When water reaches the stele, it automatically reverts to the symplast because the endodermis has a casparian strip which acts as a barrier.

Is this a mistake...or a redundancy? :whistle:

Reaction score
btw for anaphase you have to mention that sister chromatids move to opposite poles and that centromeres divide

Reaction score
Is this a mistake...or a redundancy? :whistle:
Hmm it seems I forgot one line. It should say: "When water reaches the stele, if the apoplast pathway is chosen, it automatically reverts to the symplast because the endodermis has a casparian strip which acts as a barrier. :X3:

Reaction score
btw for anaphase you have to mention that sister chromatids move to opposite poles and that centromeres divide
Anaphase: Chromosomes split at centromere, and are pulled to opposite poles by centromeres by microtubules.
Since it's not clear enough, I'll change it then. I assumed that people would get that the centromeres and chromatids are seperated

Reaction score
Also, another note (I don't think it's required, but just in case) : Epithelium :D

Types of epithelium: Simple squamous, stratified, columnar, pseudostratified and transitional.
What type lines the trachea? Pseudostratified
What type lines the blood vessels? Simple squamous (The clue comes from "the endothelium of the blood vessels is flat to reduce friction -- simple squamous epithelium is flat)
Speaking of which, there's a whole list of questions and answers of them here ;)

Also, does gaseous exchange require you to describe the function of the diaphragm?

Reaction score
Also, another note (I don't think it's required, but just in case) : Epithelium :D

Types of epithelium: Simple squamous, stratified, columnar, pseudostratified and transitional.
What type lines the trachea? Pseudostratified
What type lines the blood vessels? Simple squamous (The clue comes from "the endothelium of the blood vessels is flat to reduce friction -- simple squamous epithelium is flat)
Speaking of which, there's a whole list of questions and answers of them here ;)

Also, does gaseous exchange require you to describe the function of the diaphragm?
They ask this stuff? :I I haven't seen a question in any past papers about this :O AHHHHH

Reaction score
hey guys does anyone have an idea about biology p34 am so scared :s
Most likely they'll ask you to view stuff through a microscope, draw a plan diagram, and write their features, calculate the magnification, also perform some food tests. Then again that's for p33, so idk.

Reaction score
Bump! Nearly forgot about this. In case people need more revision before Wednesday :)