• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies 24hrs passed!

Reaction score
solve the algorithm using a pseudocode or a flowchart. <== that was the question ..
I know it said flowchart and my flowchart was perfect it had nested loops and whatnot but my teachers are saying tht the examiners wont correct the flowchart :(
Im sure about an A* but I wanted to score a really really high mark. .. If they consider the flowchart , then God bless them ;P

Reaction score
Advantages of email compared to mobiles: Can send attachments
Disadvantages of " " " : Risk of unsolicited emails (phising)
Advantages of Mobiles compared to email: Internet Access not reqd.
Disadvantages of " " " " : Service providers charge for sending texts, unlike emails.
bro..! attachments can be sent frm mobile phne as well..! u cud write that it is portable..!!

Reaction score
bro..! attachments can be sent frm mobile phne as well..! u cud write that it is portable..!!
probably u dint read the question properly...They asked indirectly the advantages and disadvantages of texting compared to email....and infact, since when did u start sending attachments like presentations, zips, exes of about 500-600MB thru mobile phones, I know its possible, but it isnt a norm.... a computer cannot be replaced no matter what..

Reaction score
The computer in the satnav system retrieves signals from atleast 3 satelites in outer space and interprets it in order to determine the exact locations.. This is based on very accurate timings, so atomic clocks are used.. There are atleast 24 satelites operating world wide... [cant rmbr the rest]
They r not asking for how the location is calculated....the question says how it is used to help the ship to navigate...unlike other years cambridge is tricking us

Reaction score
They r not asking for how the location is calculated....the question says how it is used to help the ship to navigate...unlike other years cambridge is tricking us
then wat did u write??

Reaction score
I know it said flowchart and my flowchart was perfect it had nested loops and whatnot but my teachers are saying tht the examiners wont correct the flowchart :(
Im sure about an A* but I wanted to score a really really high mark. .. If they consider the flowchart , then God bless them ;P
Algorithm means u can use flowchart......dnt worry

Reaction score
out of the 3 marks we can atleast get one mark since "how" satnav helps us, wat we wrote "determining the exact location" taht wuld gain us a mark im sure :p
Yep :DDDD....what did u write for the purpose of the algorithm

Reaction score
i wrote was wrong, some of the posters over here toldd that it was converting binary numbers to a decimal format... I really hope the examiner has a hangover when he is marking our papers ;)

Reaction score
I just wrote Binary Data for that particular question. At least there is a key term. The last question was so easy,algorithm, I was so happy and exited once I completed it.
Believe it or not, I finished my paper 30-33 mins before.*bluffin'face* I was really really excited. Still I had problems with the Gates(cause I'm not so good at it), I just made an estimation of how many marks I'll get and it was around(the answers that I was very sure about) 70-76! Well, I pray the examiners have mercy upon us and give us some extra marks for application terms. LOL!:LOL:
Anyway, we still have another paper to nail! So lets try more harder! Insha Allah!
My algorithm for the last question as I remember was something like this:
total 1 = 0
total 2 = 0
for x = 1 to .... (Sorry can't remember)
input houses_...... (Sorry can't remember)
input house_price
if house_price >$100,000 then write total 1 = total 1 + number
if house_price <$500,000 then write total 2 = total 2 + number
c = c + 1
next x
print total 1, total 2
Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Reaction score
c=c+1 does not come in the for to next loop..nd u had to take out thee percentage as well + u didnt show the loop about 7 days..!

Reaction score
I just wrote Binary Data for that particular question. At least there is a key term. The last question was so easy,algorithm, I was so happy and exited once I completed it.
Believe it or not, I finished my paper 30-33 mins before.*bluffin'face* I was really really excited. Still I had problems with the Gates(cause I'm not so good at it), I just made an estimation of how many marks I'll get and it was around(the answers that I was very sure about) 70-76! Well, I pray the examiners have mercy upon us and give us some extra marks for application terms. LOL!:LOL:
Anyway, we still have another paper to nail! So lets try more harder! Insha Allah!
My algorithm for the last question as I remember was something like this:
total 1 = 0
total 2 = 0
for x = 1 to .... (Sorry can't remember)
input houses_...... (Sorry can't remember)
input house_price
if house_price >$100,000 then write total 1 = total 1 + number
if house_price <$500,000 then write total 2 = total 2 + number
c = c + 1
next x
print total 1, total 2
Please correct me if I'm wrong!

By doing so your saying that only one enquiry can be made in a day however it was clear that the number of enquiries in a day was unlimited.( well obvo not in reality but according to the question any number of enquiries can be made throughout the day .

Reaction score
c=c+1 does not come in the for to next loop..nd u had to take out thee percentage as well + u didnt show the loop about 7 days..!

Are you sure? But I saw it in one of the marking schemes(I'm not sure which), I can remember it is used for the 'for next loop'

I have written "for x = 1 to ...." because I cannot remember the neither question nor my answer properly...It all seem so messed up in my head:confused: Anyway, it's alright! Atleast I'll get some marks for it! (y) I hope p3 will be easy, Insha Allah!

Reaction score
By doing so your saying that only one enquiry can be made in a day however it was clear that the number of enquiries in a day was unlimited.( well obvo not in reality but according to the question any number of enquiries can be made throughout the day .
man u have written that for x 1 to 7 nd next x at the end so it will print 7 times..!!