• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

COMPUTER STUDIES ATC TOPIC RELEASED !!!

Do you think the system refers to a travel agency's pre made , no changes packages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
salman i think u should sticky this topic, its important and many students could learn how to attempt paper 3, and many dont even know that the topic is pre-known! one of my friends opted for coursework, and he doesnt know, we prepared the flowchart the same as the last two years

Reaction score
salman i think u should sticky this topic, its important and many students could learn how to attempt paper 3, and many dont even know that the topic is pre-known! one of my friends opted for coursework, and he doesnt know, we prepared the flowchart the same as the last two years
I think not because, it recieves very less traffic. It would occupy the space for other new threads!

Reaction score
so can u now make a flowchart with the right symbols???
well i am pretty sure that the symbols are included in our syllabus, coz if u see the specimen marking scheme, all of these symbols are included. for a detailed list, see the list of flowchart symbols in thinksmart booklet 2: System analysis

Reaction score
well if u put it like that way, but u could change this to a pure computer studies topic and then sticky it, as u can see almost all other subjects are sticky, but anyway, u are the mod!

Reaction score
well u cant say that they are out of syllabus i have read the syllabus . and if they are then prove it and tell which symbols are they
My dear friend, open 10 years papers and let me know if a single of them contains a symbol other than
  • Start/stop
  • Process
  • Input/output
  • Decision box.
Want the prove then please refer to 10 years marking scheme!

Reaction score
My dear friend, open 10 years papers and let me know if a single of them contains a symbol other than
  • Start/stop
  • Process
  • Input/output
  • Decision box.

Yes monitor display, manual operation,on page connector, database, magnetic storage, undefined medium and a couple of others i dont remember right now are even made in the specimen mark scheme for paper 3. Just to remind u Paper 3 didnt exist 10 yrs ago !!!!:p The symbols u mentioned are the only symbols for program flowcharts. For system flowcharts there are additional symbol to.:(

Reaction score
  • Start/stop
  • Process
  • Input/output
  • Decision box.

yeah bogus is right these are symbols for only program flow chart... u need symbols for system flowchart

Reaction score
Yes monitor display, manual operation,on page connector, database, magnetic storage, undefined medium and a couple of others i dont remember right now are even made in the specimen mark scheme for paper 3. Just to remind u Paper 3 didnt exist 10 yrs ago !!!!:p The symbols u mentioned are the only symbols for program flowcharts. For system flowcharts there are additional symbol to.:(
But have you ever studied the use of these symbols? I mean I have used them in Ms Viso and also while making my project, but our sir told us to refrain from it as CIE examiners can comment anywhere stating the use of these symbols, an un-aware candidate might be at disadvantage! I guesss additional would be require for paper 3 so better start learning it :p

Reaction score
But have you ever studied the use of these symbols? I mean I have used them in Ms Viso and also while making my project, but our sir told us to refrain from it as CIE examiners can comment anywhere stating the use of these symbols, an un-aware candidate might be at disadvantage! I guesss additional would be require for paper 3 so better start learning it :p
yup i have

Reaction score
Black box testing enables the programmer to see whether the software fulfils all stated functions so it tea\sts the functionality.
White box testing involves checking the internal structure of the developed software like the algorithms, codes etc.
Alpha testing is the test carried out by other programmers.
Beta testing is when a sampling of the intended audience i e laymen try out the software
Acceptance testing performed by the customer, often in their lab environment on their own hardware, is known as user acceptance testing (UAT)
Volume testing is testing system with different amounts of data to see how well it can cope.
:)
Volume testing refers to testing a software application with a certain amount of data