• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
cant do q5 in oct/nov2010 p4
this is a easy question and I don't think you have any problem with setting the query or identifying that the "If...then...Else" rule should be used ... I'm assuming you are having problem with setting the "If...then...Else" rule. Instead of putting yes or no in the Compare to box use true/false... the boolean fields are shown as true/false for mail merge purposes
yes-no_to_true-false.JPG

Reaction score
actualy i did nt knw we wer suppos to use If...then...Else here :oops:
cn u hlp me with that plz

Reaction score
actualy i did nt knw we wer suppos to use If...then...Else here :oops:
cn u hlp me with that plz
I've briefed here how to create the query and make use of the if/then/else rule

Attachments

• Question_5.pdf
    365.6 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Hey.people im new on the website....
and i need help on ICT mayjune 2009 P4 (step # 9). can anyone plz help.

Attachments

• 9713_s09_qp_4.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference between being asked to print the MERGE codes and being asked to print the FIELD codes is?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference between being asked to print the MERGE codes and being asked to print the FIELD codes is?

merge codes are nothing but the end merged labels or letters that has been produced as a result of mail merge...
while printing out the field codes is wen u insert the individual fields in the required places. for eg: <<contact>> <<address1>> <<add2>>
so u print the codes in this way so that the examiner knows u entered the correct field in the right place of the merged document.

Reaction score
merge codes are nothing but the end merged labels or letters that has been produced as a result of mail merge...
while printing out the field codes is wen u insert the individual fields in the required places. for eg: <<contact>> <<address1>> <<add2>>
so u print the codes in this way so that the examiner knows u entered the correct field in the right place of the merged document.

each of the highlighted parts are the FIELD codes. You can toggle between the Merge fields and the codes by pressing ALT+F9... this will show you all the codes
field_cpdes.JPG
However, by default you'll not be able to print them. But, obviously you can do so by changing the settings of word... open Word Options> Advance and then select the highlighted option. Now whenever, you'll print, only the field codes will be printed. To print the merge field values again, disable the option again.
field_cpdes_print.JPG

Reaction score
Hey.people im new on the website....
and i need help on ICT mayjune 2009 P4 (step # 9). can anyone plz help.
if you don;t know how to create macro, see this video first
to complete this step, first start recording the macro... insert the logo then.. it will save a lot of hassle. So do the last step first and then carry on exactly as asked in the question. To create the prompt see the picture below. Remember every thing you click, every text you write will be recorded.
the prompts are done by using Fill in.. follow as shown in the pic:
step9.JPG

For evidence you can paste/ give a screen shot of the codes... to view the codes:

Developer>Macros(from Code)> (Select the macro created)>Edit or
View> Macros (from Macros) > (Select the macro created)>Edit

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.
i am facing another problem in P4 (Step 4) nov 2008. i dont understand that how am i suppose to set the conditional discount before i could calculate the total?

Attachments

• 9713_w08_qp_4.pdf
    123 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
if you don;t know how to create macro, see this video first
to complete this step, first start recording the macro... insert the logo then.. it will save a lot of hassle. So do the last step first and then carry on exactly as asked in the question. To create the prompt see the picture below. Remember every thing you click, every text you write will be recorded.
the prompts are done by using Fill in.. follow as shown in the pic:
View attachment 5685

For evidence you can paste/ give a screen shot of the codes... to view the codes:

Developer>Macros(from Code)> (Select the macro created)>Edit or
View> Macros (from Macros) > (Select the macro created)>Edit
Plz Can u explain what does examiner meant by show Evidence of the removal of unnecessary code from
subroutines)

Reaction score
Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=40, Extend:=wdExtend
Do we have to show this in macro codes or not

Reaction score
Pls. can some1 post the solution for specimen P4! I need help in point 16-18. Iam stuck here! Pls. help me!!!