• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
cool help me a bit about the paste link part in question 4 same paper
There are two paste links in that Q.
Firstly paste linking Book Costs.csv to the invoice.rtf file.
You just copy the the cell range A2:D11, and as I showed sometime earlier, in the Home tab, there's this drop down Paste option, select Paste Special in that and then Paste Link and then. Ms Excel sthg....
Second paste linking is the fillin field from Word invoice.rtf to cell A2 in Book Cost
Same Procedure as above just instead of Excel Object, select MS word sthg.
There you go!

Reaction score
can anyone help me out on summer 2010 question 5
5 You are now required to create a menu.
Users should be able to select the following operations:
Edit the course text books and costs
Edit the Student data
Open the Invoice document
Create the labels
Create the Grant Letters
The menu should include explanations of each item with sufficient detail for a new user to
understand the purpose of each new menu option.
Include details of how each new item works in your evidence document.

i can create links but what do i do next , how should the explanation be and what should the answer be to the last line...plz help
Check out if this helps.
All you need to do is create hyperlinks for the questions you solved earlier and a few excel sheets(Book List and Students.csv).
The last line maybe for the mail merge letter and labels, perhaps you could just include go to the mailings tab and run the merge.

Attachments

• Menu.pdf
    176.1 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
There are two paste links in that Q.
Firstly paste linking Book Costs.csv to the invoice.rtf file.
You just copy the the cell range A2:D11, and as I showed sometime earlier, in the Home tab, there's this drop down Paste option, select Paste Special in that and then Paste Link and then. Ms Excel sthg....
Second paste linking is the fillin field from Word invoice.rtf to cell A2 in Book Cost
Same Procedure as above just instead of Excel Object, select MS word sthg.
There you go!
i did that but does not work when i reopen the file. how do i do fill in ?
using the field option , right , when i reopen word the prompt does not appear

Reaction score
i did that but does not work when i reopen the file. how do i do fill in ?
using the field option , right , when i reopen word the prompt does not appear
The fillin code wont work that way. Put your cursor on the code and right click, then select the Update field option, when prompted type in the studentid theyve asked.
Then in Excel it should automatically update itself. Or else refresh it
Then in the word file, click on the book cost paste linked file and update link.
There you go!

Reaction score
Thanks again man...i you o summer 2011...the last question it asks to publish report as a webpage...how
how is that Done ?

Reaction score
Need help with winter 2011 Question 3, i do not understand what "go to the Insert_Here bookmark".....means....someone please expalain

Reaction score
Need help with winter 2011 Question 3, i do not understand what "go to the Insert_Here bookmark".....means....someone please expalain

When you open Admin.rtf in your macro, go to the Insert tab, then Bookmarks. Insert Here will appear in the bookmarks pop up. Select Go To and then Close the pop up.
Done . and then paste your copied data from Notifications.rtf over there.
Stop recording your macro.

Reaction score
hi!! i need help with question 15, October November 2008 paper 4, CIE Applied ICT (9713). The question goes like this:
15. Create a document that automatically generates a full set of labels when it is opened.
Save the document as Autolabels in the format your applications provides.
Provide screenshots or other evidence that shows the methods you used in your evidence
document.
Create another menu item in the file MillsMenu to select the Autolabels. Accompany this
item with some explanatory text.
Save the updated menu as MillsMenu2.
Include evidence of the the links, paths and filenames in the evidence document that you
created at Step 2.

Reaction score
how to do question 3b in summer 2012 , what to show in evidence document ?
How to do question 4a same paper , also include what to include in evidence document ?

Reaction score
junaidj Firstly import all the csv files to a datbase.
Then create a query using Region from your Venue regions table and Band from December Bookings table.
In the Access toolbar, there is something known as TOTALS.Click on it.
Instantly, a new thing called Totals drop down sort of thing pops up above the Criteria row in the query.
So in that list, for Bands select Count.
Save the Query.
Now you have two alternative ways to make the chart. Export the chart to an Excel workbook and create a chart in Excel or create a chart in Access itself.

Reaction score
fah3355 :
the Summer2012 chart or q3b:
I guess You must have done the question before it , to lookup the regions
Then what you need to do next is, to create two coloumns, one listing all the regions(Midlands, Ireland,Scotland,etc) only once in a coloumn. There are about 6 or something of those. Another coloumn to count the number of venues in those regions. In that coloumn you will have to use the countif function, The range will be the entire Region coloumn in which you had used vLookup. And your criteria in Inverted commas will be the region in which youre going to the venues.
So the formula will be like:
=COUNTIF($E$2:$E$!23,"Midlands") or whatever other region.
Then create a chart by selecting that cell range. To remove the legend, select the chart, then go to the LAYOUT tab and then in there Legend , select None.

Reaction score
junaidj Firstly import all the csv files to a datbase.
Then create a query using Region from your Venue regions table and Band from December Bookings table.
In the Access toolbar, there is something known as TOTALS.Click on it.
Instantly, a new thing called Totals drop down sort of thing pops up above the Criteria row in the query.
So in that list, for Bands select Count.
Save the Query.
Now you have two alternative ways to make the chart. Export the chart to an Excel workbook and create a chart in Excel or create a chart in Access itself.
what i did was make the querry in access transport it into excel and use countif for each region is that alright ?

Reaction score
@atemis- bro could you answer the other questions...i have some problems with i do not know what to include in the evidence document and also when they say run the macro...where should i run it, on which document...my macro only runs if the document i worked on to create the macro is open .

Reaction score
fah3355 :
For summer 2012, q4a.
Keep the venue regions or the excel sheet in which you did the earlier q open.
In the New Managers excel sheet, create a new coloumn Venues or whatever name you wish to give it.
In those cells, simply put an equals to sign (=) and then go that other open excel sheet and in that go to the part wherein you used the countif function in 3b, select the cell which contains the count of the regions like for Midlands it will be 38, so select the cell which contains 38. And similarly for the rest.
For those managers who are responsible for two regions like Ireland and West and something like that do the same, except that after the = sign, before the selection f the Ireland count insert brackets. and after selection close the brackets. And then add a plus sign and open the brackets again and then select the West count. Close the brackets.
Do the same for another manager who has two regions under him.

Reaction score
@atemis- bro could you answer the other questions...i have some problems with i do not know what to include in the evidence document and also when they say run the macro...where should i run it, on which document...my macro only runs if the document i worked on to create the macro is open .
Even Im doubtful about what to include in the evidence document. Once Im sure about it, Ill let you know. Maybe by tomorrow Insha Allah!
And where to run your macro, on the rtf file theyve aked you to run it on in the q.
Perhaps whilst creating your macro you are saving the macro in the curent document only.Save in all documents.