• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

COMPUTING 22 HOW WAS IT ?????

Reaction score
it was hard i did all 2011's pastpapers they were easy ,,, this paper was full with coding !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
it was hard i did all 2011's pastpapers they were easy ,,, this paper was full with coding !!!!!!!!
I agree with you...I never got below 65 for all the 2011 papers (21,22,23)...but lets hope that they will decrease the GT.

Reaction score
Paper 1 was really easy......... IA i will end up with 69 or something but in P2 i will get 53 or may be less -_-

Reaction score
I wonder how much a student should score (for both p1 & p2) to get a decent result in AS this time...

Reaction score
Here is the Visual Basic Code for the String Concatenation:

'Declarations Needed
DIM Input1 AS String
DIM Input2 AS String
DIM Length1 AS Integer
DIM Length2 AS Integer
DIM NEW1 AS String
DIM NEW2 AS String
DIM New_Word AS String
Length1 = Len(Input1) 'Gets Length of the Words
Length2 = Len(Input2)
NEW1 = Microsoft.VisualBasic.MID(Input1, Locate("*", Input1) + 1, Length1) 'Gets Characters After Asterisk Becase Locate states Location of Asterisk and + 1 Chooses Next Character
NEW2 = Microsoft.VisualBasic.MID(Input2, Locate("*". Input2) + 1, Length2)
New_Word = NEW1 & NEW2

Reaction score
arounds 105 i guess for May 11 Grade threshold was 99.(But p1 was a little bit hard for May 11)

Reaction score
Here is the Visual Basic Code for the String Concatenation:

'Declarations Needed
DIM Input1 AS String
DIM Input2 AS String
DIM Length1 AS Integer
DIM Length2 AS Integer
DIM NEW1 AS String
DIM NEW2 AS String
DIM New_Word AS String
Length1 = Len(Input1) 'Gets Length of the Words
Length2 = Len(Input2)
NEW1 = Microsoft.VisualBasic.MID(Input1, Locate("*", Input1) + 1, Length1) 'Gets Characters After Asterisk Becase Locate states Location of Asterisk and + 1 Chooses Next Character
NEW2 = Microsoft.VisualBasic.MID(Input2, Locate("*". Input2) + 1, Length2)
New_Word = NEW1 & NEW2
i didnt use the len function ,didnt add 1 after locatint * and didnt put + or & between two strings will i get any marks?

Reaction score
You will get some marks for the thinking and for the rest of the code.
There are 2 ways to get the String's Length:
Input1.Length
Len( Input1 )

Locating must be +1 because if you do not use +1 it will add the Asterisks too.

Reaction score
i wrote this in the paper and then checked it on Visual Basic when i returned home, and it works!!!

Code:
Dim String1 As String
Dim String2 As String

String1 = InputBox("Enter first String")
String2 = InputBox("Enter Second String")

POS1 = InStr(String1, "*")

Output1 = Right(String1, Len(String1) - POS1)

POS2 = InStr(String2, "*")

Output2 = Right(String2, Len(String2) - POS2)

ROutput = Output1 + Output2

MsgBox ("Your combined string is: " + ROutput)

Just made one mistake. Instead of InStr function I used Locate

Reaction score
Damn Man p22 was a bit different and tougher! I was unable to write the code for the 3rd question.The one with string1 and string2 e.g. (DRF*COM) AND (S*PUTER) Does any one know how to write the codes for it? I hope the GT for this Paper will be below 48.

Reaction score
Damn Man p22 was a bit different and tougher! I was unable to write the code for the 3rd question.The one with string1 and string2 e.g. (DRF*COM) AND (S*PUTER) Does any one know how to write the codes for it? I hope the GT for this Paper will be below 48.

Look at my post above

Reaction score
Thats really went above my head. :rolleyes: . What ever Iam surely going to lose 8 marks. What about the qns with screen layout? Do v have to design or just show the screen layout (Simple)?