• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computing Paper 2. Anyone else freaking out?

Reaction score
The best part is I have a clash between my computing paper and c2 edexcel. Edexcel morning is Cambridge afternoon. Its torutre :( ._.
Could anyone be so kind as to help with file handling? Do you think we'd get a question on it? To write a program for that?

Reaction score
The best part is I have a clash between my computing paper and c2 edexcel. Edexcel morning is Cambridge afternoon. Its torutre :( ._.
Could anyone be so kind as to help with file handling? Do you think we'd get a question on it? To write a program for that?
File handling is extremely difficult. :/ If a program about file handling comes up in tommorrow's exam I might be screwed.

Reaction score
File handling is extremely difficult. :/ If a program about file handling comes up in tommorrow's exam I might be screwed.
Same here :/ I love the recursion questions though, as long as they maintain the nature of the questions. Pretty much everything else seems to be fine except file handling. Its not come in any of the past papers so I'm worried they might put in ours.. :/ Like they changed paper 1. How was paper 1?

Reaction score
I think freaking out is an understatement :( file handling programs are those programs that amends data in a file as well as inserting data into a file right?

Reaction score
I'm so freaked out. I don't know a thing about programming language.
Any revision guidelines?

Reaction score
Did you mean Edexcel in the morning and Cambridge at noon?

Reaction score
Paper 2 is Easy brothersss.... you only need to learn some main techniques of coding.... as far as file handling is concern, its the most easiest part a student could gain marks.... In exam they could ask max 4 lines of file handling so you can write about Adding, deleting, reading and writing or updating...
Example of car file
Adding : Carfile= newfilestream ('supercars' , File mode.Append)
Reading: Carfile= newfilestream ('supercars' , File mode.open)
Writing: Carfile= Console.writeline()

Reaction score
Paper 2 is Easy brothersss.... you only need to learn some main techniques of coding.... as far as file handling is concern, its the most easiest part a student could gain marks.... In exam they could ask max 4 lines of file handling so you can write about Adding, deleting, reading and writing or updating...
Example of car file
Adding : Carfile= newfilestream ('supercars' , File mode.Append)
Reading: Carfile= newfilestream ('supercars' , File mode.open)
Writing: Carfile= Console.writeline()

Yeah thats if we're lucky. Would they ever ask for us to write a whole program on it?

Reaction score
Any revision guidelines?
Right now your best shot is to read the text book and try to grasp the basics. If you have this ginourmous blue book thingy all you need to do is know the content in that. The author is the examiner. I usually have loads of resources for edexcel but not for cambridge.. I'm so sorry I'm not much help :( Best of luck though just hope for the best :)

Reaction score
Right now your best shot is to read the text book and try to grasp the basics. If you have this ginourmous blue book thingy all you need to do is know the content in that. The author is the examiner. I usually have loads of resources for edexcel but not for cambridge.. I'm so sorry I'm not much help :( Best of luck though just hope for the best :)
Any revision guidelines?
oh and try to get marks from the bits and pieces of theory like testing methods parameter passings and HCI stuff. Memorize definitions :) Maximium you can loose form the programs are like...20 at the most i think. Know how to dry run, those usually gets you a decent amount of marks too

Reaction score
Nope... They Never asked students to write a whole program on it.. but its easy bro as you gain 4 marks easily by using that 4 lines i have stated above and maximum marks could 8 so other 4 marks can be gained by using that DIM and End IF , FOr Loops... Dont worry about the coding... just read the book thorougly You will gain Enough marks to gain A.. Dont worry Everything that happens or will happen is All because of Allah , Have Faith in Him because he wants to Judge you so be strong and believe in Him as He is the most Gracious :)

Reaction score
If anyone Having problem in Visual basic coding, i can provide Link for tutorial of Visual basic which is very good and covers the whole syllabus of programming but i suggest that it would be time wasting as we r having our paper tommorrow and no one can learn that fast ... but you can try
http://zetcode.com/lang/visualbasic/

Reaction score
Nope... They Never asked students to write a whole program on it.. but its easy bro as you gain 4 marks easily by using that 4 lines i have stated above and maximum marks could 8 so other 4 marks can be gained by using that DIM and End IF , FOr Loops... Dont worry about the coding... just read the book thorougly You will gain Enough marks to gain A.. Dont worry Everything that happens or will happen is All because of Allah , Have Faith in Him because he wants to Judge you so be strong and believe in Him as He is the most Gracious :)
Thanks man! you're right maybe we're all just panicking for no reason... thanks for restoring hope in this hopeless subject xD much love and good luck! :)

Reaction score
If anyone Having problem in Visual basic coding, i can provide Link for tutorial of Visual basic which is very good and covers the whole syllabus of programming but i suggest that it would be time wasting as we r having our paper tommorrow and no one can learn that fast ... but you can try
http://zetcode.com/lang/visualbasic/
hoo my goat! thankyou so much! :D its useful to brush up

Reaction score
No problem , Chathumus just tell me how characters are found using ASCII ????
and Also brief something About ASCII i dont even know its full form :p.. Lol

Reaction score
No problem , Chathumus just tell me how characters are found using ASCII ????
and Also brief something About ASCII i dont even know its full form :p.. Lol

Computing is generally not my thing... but do you mean converting binary in to ASCII (cause thats only in paper 1, no need to worry about it now) or getting the ascii value in the program? If its the latter, which I'm assuming it is, don't you have to use the ASCII function to get the ASCII value of the character? usually you can use that to sort of validate yeah?